Thanks for your help earlier, which enabled me to put together this itinerary.
Flights & hotels are all booked.
1) Oct. 22: Arrive SLC, 1 night
2) Oct. 23 Moab: check into Best Western Canyonlands for 4 nights, See something that evening.
4) Oct. 25: Moab: Arches
5) Oct. 26: Moab Jet Boat? Or drive 128?
7) Oct. 28: Torrey: Capitol Reef (see questions)
8) Oct. 29: Some of Capitol Reef in morning. Travel from Torrey to SLC, 1 night
9) Oct. 30: Fly from SLC back to NY.
Here are my questions:
1) Looking for suggested hotels in SLC. We get in around 2:33 PM from NY.
I want to head straight to Moab early the next morning.
2) In Moab, I wanted to book a float trip to Fisher Towers. However, all outfitters that I've checked close down after the first or second week of October. Does anyone know if jet boats are still running during our visit? The web site that I looked at didn't have calendars or dates.
3) For Torrey, I'm torn between exploring on our own during our full day, or booking an all-day jeep tour in Cathedral Valley. If we do the latter, I am wondering if we have time on our departure morning to see the main part of Capitol Reef. Here's why that might remotely be possible: I'll be accompanied by my 75-year-old mother, who doesn't care to hike. She will walk maybe about 2 miles, if it's fairly flat terrain. So many Capitol Reef hikes are out.
4) Also looking for a hotel for our final night in SLC. If we stay in Capitol Reef as long as possible, all we're going to want in SLC is to arrive before dark in late October, have dinner and settle in, fairly close to the airport. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.
I wish I'd added a third night to Capitol Reef but must keep to the booked flight.