We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

Hi all

We have one day for a tour to one of the national parks from Vegas. Initially we had wanted to do a full day Zion trip, but unfortunately that trip is not running. The next option is a combined Zion/Bryce canyon or South Rim Grand Canyon tour. Self driving is not really an option as we would have just arrived in Vegas after a 20odd hour flight and would not want to drive long distances whilst we are still jet lagged.

Opinions please?

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,713 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

Are these all one day tours? That is you leave LV inthe morning and are back in LV that evening? If that is the case, I doubt any of these would be that enjoyable, as you will be spending the vast majority of your time on the tour bus. For example, the drive time to the south rim is about 5 hours one-way, so you are looking at 10 hours on the bus....not much time left for the park.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

What time of year is this? Maybe look into Death Valley or Zion, as those two are closest to Vegas.About 2.5-3hours.

When you start getting into the five hour one way range fromVegas like theGC or Bryce tours, all you do is look at a windshield, with almost no quality time to see anything.You will have 10 hours sitting on a bus and a couple hours outside the car.Hardly worth it in my book.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,164 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

The GCNP South Rim is a popular but long and time consuming day trip from LV. It will give you about three hours at the park at two different viewing areas. Trying to see Zion and Bryce in a single day from LV is a really bad idea IMO, even though they do sell the tours.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

From Las Vegas are tours to Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire and Red Rock much closer to Las Vegas.

Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

Hi there

Thanks everyone! Hmmm, maybe I will look into the valley of fire and red rock, but otherwise I guess I will take the GC over Zion/Bryce combined. not ideal, I know, but as we are unlikely to return to Vegas in the foreseeable future, we are just trying to make the best of the situation.

Thanks again!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

Of course Grand Canyon is #1!

7. Re: South Rim Grand Canyon or Zion/Bryce combined day tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:17