We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?

Washington DC...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?

Looking to change things up and visit Vermont for a long weekend. This is probably a very ignorant question, but is there anything fun to do outdoors (i.e. hikes, kayaking, etc.)? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?

Yes! Plenty of outdoorsy stuff. Lots and lots of people come here to do those types of things. I see you are in DC...are you planning on driving up? Flying? If you fly, you can fly to Burlington non-stop from Dulles or Reagan Nat'l. Rent a car and head to the Stowe area. Plenty of hiking there. Umiak does kayaking tours.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?

LOL. The answer is yes. There's hiking & kayaking all over the state.... and lots of other interesting stuff to see/do as well.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?

Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are paradise for outdoorsy activities - hiking, kayaking, bicycling, swimming, fishing, hang gliding, rock climbing, etc.

Washington DC...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?

Awesome - I will definitely be flying in and renting a car. Thanks for the suggestions!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
207 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?

Summer is a great time in Vermont. So much to do. Camping, hiking, cycling, both road and mountain biking, Weather is the best this time of year

Reply to: Worth making a weekend trip to Vermont for the summer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted