We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In New England on october 1st through the 12th

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
42 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
In New England on october 1st through the 12th

Thanks Friends for allowing me to come to you for sage and expert advice

we are as usual going to pack amazing moments of October New England in to 11 days - we have booked VT ( Bristol ) hub and New Hampshire hubs ( waterville valley ) and are racing toward bar harbor - need advise on going across states as per highway and bi ways and and ending up in Bar Harbor - we will also be going to across the line to new york state to 1) coming up through bennington from Boston and visit Saratoga , and further North Ticonderoga and Crown Point and across back to Bristol - any tips ??

we then want to go up to Stowe and then to New Hampshire 2) ( by the way where is that huge corn maze ??) 3) we are also looking for fall color and new england charm - fresh apples ( we are small apple orchard farmers in northwest washington state but still appreciate fresh apples from anywhere by the road side) and a pumpkin stop over or two

we have heard about warren and killington for new england charm - thanks for your wisdom - we may even take it ( lol) - Mike

Mentioned in this post
New England
New England
United States
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Stowe
Stowe
Vermont
5 replies to this topic
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In New England on october 1st through the 12th

Are you planning to do the Boston - Bennnigton -Saratoga- Ti - Bristol trip in one day? If so, that is going to be a really, really long day. I'd suggest breaking it up with an overnight or dropping a stop or 2.

Bristol is a great little town. Have dinner at the Bobcat Cafe. Coffee/breakfast at the Bristol Cliffs Bakery. Mary's at Baldwin Creek is another good restaurant. Check out Bartlett Falls. Drive up into Lincoln and explore the back roads - beautiful. Get a creemee at the Village Creemee Stand (if it is still open). Boyer's Orchard is about 15-20 minutes north of Bristol in Monkton. Great apples, cider, donuts, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Lincoln
Lincoln
White Mountains, NH
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
42 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In New England on october 1st through the 12th

thanks Vter - no we are planning on doing Boston on the end of the trip so going from Logan to Bennington and up - over and across to Bristol and beddie bye - up and at 'em next morning yes we will give your culinary suggestions a try - thanks for the advice

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Bennington
Bennington
Green Mountains, VT
Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
653 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In New England on october 1st through the 12th

I think the huge corn maze is in Danville VT.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In New England on october 1st through the 12th

Afternoon Mike S,

Killington does not have what i would call charm, but it does have vistas and lots of things to do. You should also swing through Woodstock VT as that DOES have oodles of charm. Also check out the apple orchards of Promfret just north of the village.

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
42 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In New England on october 1st through the 12th

thanks dave BN ! and Swedish - good stuff allround - we will be thanking you also when we have the trip underway - Mike

Reply to: In New England on october 1st through the 12th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;