We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Staying at Disneyland Hotel next week and was just wondering if I will need to rent a car or perhaps taxi to places like the Garden walk ( I want to go to the Cheesecake factory) and Target(to stock up on snacks and drinks), or are they safe walking distance?

California
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

The Gardenwalk is just down the street, so definitely walkable. I'm not sure about Target though....

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim GardenWalk
Anaheim GardenWalk
207 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

The Anaheim Garden Walk is probably a 25 minute walk from the Grand Californian just down Harbor Blvd.from the Main Gate Entrance of Disneyland Resort and then east on Katella. But iyou go through Downtown Disney and you will also need to pass through the security bag check for the parks and the Esplanande. The streets are safe in the Anaheim Resort area and are well taken care of.

Target is at the corner of Harbor Blvd. and Chapman in Garden Grove, just over the border of Anaheim, over a mile south of Disneyland Resort. It's not walkable. You should be able to take the Anaheim Resort Transit Shuttle from the shuttle stop at DLR entrance to a nearby hotel and cross over, or just take an OCTA bus. Sorry I don't know which route for either. It would be a bit cheaper to take the bus, as the ART is $4 a day. However, I remember reading that there is a mini-mart on Harbor Blvd. above Katella. Much closer for snacks. More pricey, but no need for bus/shuttle fare. Someone will probably give a more exact location for that than I can.

Edited: 03 February 2010, 15:19
Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,885 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Garden Grove
Garden Grove
Orange County, CA
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Opps, I meant from the Disneyland Hotel. I meant to edit that when I went back and did the edit. I make too many boo-boos for just one chance to edit to handle!

Oh, and you can take a taxi from in front of the hotel, if you wish. Probably would be just $5 for the Garden Walk and maybe $10 almost for Target.

Edited: 03 February 2010, 15:22
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Thanks I think cabbing it will be easier.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

I think you're right. : )

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Taking a cab would be easier. However, if it is a nice day and you are looking for a bit of exercise and want to see the "sights" between Disneyland Hotel and Garden walk, walking is the way to go. Chuck...

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

You don't think we will get enough exercise walking around Disneyland? lol. When I went to disneyworld I had blisters on top of blisters! Have since learned to invest in good walking shoes. Thanks, will probly walk to Gardenwalk and cab to Target. Any other places to walk to around disneyland?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,795 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Chesecake Factory? Really? With all the other unique places to eat.....

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Point taken. Walking through Downtown Disney to get to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen would be a wise choice. On the other hand, perhaps there is no Cheesecake Factory where the OP lives.

Edited: 06 February 2010, 08:20
Mentioned in this post
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,885 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking to areas outside Disneyland

Yes, there are no Cheesecake Factory in Canada, where the OP is located.

Folks have different priorities, for Cheesecake Factory, it is good food, large portions and reasonable prices, plus very yummy cheesecakes.

People choose chain restaurants all the time, usually because they do they will get a good product.

Local restaurants can be hit or miss, especially if you don't know the area. And heck, almost all the restaurants in the Disneyland Resort area is a chain, even Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is part of a chain...

http://www.neworleans-food.com/