We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is this?

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
353 posts
60 reviews
255 helpful votes
What is this?
Save

I came across this description of a view off Cave Landing Rd: "wide rock tunnel bored through headland to exposed viewing perch"

Does anyone know what this is referring to? Is it someplace you can get to from the parking lot on Cove Landing Rd (via Avila Beach Rd) or do you have to hike down to the beach from the Bluff Trail?

3 replies to this topic
Washington DC
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
69 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: What is this?
Save

I think this gives you detailed info on how to get there and photos

https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/pirates-cave-landing-avila-beach/

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
353 posts
60 reviews
255 helpful votes
2. Re: What is this?
Save

Thanks! I've actually been using Hikespeak a lot for this trip. The reference to graffiti and broken glass has me a little concerned. For those who have been here, is this still a nice viewpoint?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
11 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: What is this?
Save

The view is still nice and this is just 10-15 minutes walk from parking lot. I would also go Ontario Ridge Trail (clockwise) in that area.

Reply to: What is this?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avila Beach
Recent Conversations
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.