We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room for $50-100/night in June...

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Room for $50-100/night in June...

Is it possible to get a room for two in June in Avila Beach for between $50-100 plus tax per night? And if it is, where?

Thank you.

11 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

That's disappointing.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

What's disappointing? To find out, use Google and type in: avila beach california hotels. Chuck...

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

Oh, I have. I've done my best to ensure I've checked every hotel in Avila Beach and I could find nothing cheaper than $179/night.

In another thread a member said they knew a place where I could get a room for $69/night in Avila Beach but then they got upset with me and wouldn't pass it on.

I think they were probably wrong with their original claim and after an argument with me didn't want to lose face by admitting it.

No, I'm disappointed because I was hoping some people would reply to at least say it's not possible. Then I could stop worrying that I 'might' be missing out on a room in Avila Beach for $69/night.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,661 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

LDN

It is very unlikely that you will find a room on the California Coast in June at anything under $100, and lucky to find that. If you should find one, do check carefully. It is apt to be a place you do not want to sleep in.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
44 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

Not possible, but if you have access to an RV you cannot beat this: avilabeachpier.com/information/port-san-luis…

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

Thank you, both.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

The San Luis Bay Inn is a timeshare property. There might be a rate that owners get for additional bonus nights in this range when rooms are available. But a special rate just for that group of timeshare owners is the only possible way it would exist.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

You will not be able to get a room in that price range in June. During the off season some places (Avila Village Inn) may have weekday specials in the upper end of that range. Owner "bonus" time for the San Luis Bay Inn can be as cheap as $50/night; however you would need to know an owner, and there would need to be time available two weeks or less in advance, which is unlikely. You could search for a vacation rental, still not likely at that price. More likely to find something in Pismo Beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

Thank you.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Room for $50-100/night in June...

Try using Hotwire and see what rates come up. Even on discount websites, high season is more than low season, but it might still be under $100 per night. Room tax is pretty high in many places. At least 11% per night.

You could also try Priceline with their name your own price bidding.

Edited: 05 April 2011, 00:26
Reply to: Room for $50-100/night in June...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avila Beach
Recent Conversations