We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

Cornelius, Nc
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

My husband and I are planning a 20th wedding anniversary trip in April to the Central Coast area. We are considering staying at the sycamore Springs Resort & Spa, but are unsure due to the mixed reviews. The room reviews seem a bit hit and miss - indicating, possibly lack of cleanliness and that the units may be old and in need of updating.

I would appreciate any input on their accommodations, restaurant/menu and spa services. Any other accommodations recommendations for Avila would also be very welcome! Thanks :)

7 replies to this topic
Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

Being local, I have not stayed at Sycamore in several years. Their hot tubs, spa services, grounds and restaurant menu are excellent. Personally, I always loved their older rooms (i.e. harmony building) and never had any concerns about cleanliness, although they have changed ownership since I've stayed there. I would inquire about their suites, which would be newer - i.e. across Avila Beach Drive or near the entrance. There is also a private freestanding cottage which would be perfect for a celebration (if you choose to stay there, pm me and I can share an interesting historical story about the cottage).

In terms of other accommodations in Avila, your fancier options would be Hotel La Fonda (about a block from the beach), Avila Village Inn (lovely, but not within walking distance) or Lighthouse Suites (never seen the rooms, but it is right across from the beach). Other options would be the Inn at Avila Beach (also right across from the beach) and the San Luis Bay Inn (timeshares, but they will also rent by the night, lovely views).

Level Contributor
39,018 posts
1,014 reviews
2. Re: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

We have not stayed overnight at SSR but did have dinner at their restaurant, Gardens of Avila a few years ago. The property is very relaxed and looked very well maintained. Some other considerations in this area (Shell Beach) are The Cliffs Resort and Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa. Both of these places have beautiful oceanviews and restaurants on-site. :)

Cornelius, Nc
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

I just saw some Yelp! reviews that indicated Bed Bugs so I'm thinking this off our list. yelp.com/biz/sycamore-mineral-springs-resort…

Level Contributor
39,018 posts
1,014 reviews
4. Re: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

Yikes! That's too bad. :(

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,060 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

I would look at Avila Valley Inn. It's just down the street from Sycamore, looks lovely and you could just rent a Sycamore hot tub by the hour on the wooded hillside.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

The rooms at Avila Village Inn also provide hot tubs on the room balconies.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
7. Re: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa

We have enjoyed a couple of stays at Avila Village Inn. Its location, like Sycamore's, helps to make for quiet evenings.

The Inn has the hot tubs as mentioned and also has bicycle rental to take advantage of the adjacent bike trail into Avila and the beach.

Next to Avila Village Inn, the deli at Woodstone Marketplace has been a good source of a picnic lunch to go for us for day outings.

http://www.woodstoneavila.com/

Reply to: Avila Accommodations - Sycamore Springs Resort & Spa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avila Beach
Recent Conversations