We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Girl Doll

Flowood, MS
Level Contributor
215 posts
338 reviews
Save Topic
American Girl Doll

Plan to visit Alpharetta in July and had a few questions.

1. How many hours should I plan for AGD store?

2. Is there anything nearby to keep my husband and son occupied while my daughter and I hang out at AGD store?

3. My husband wants to go to Senoia to see Walking Dead sites. Should I plan AGD on Sunday and Walking Dead Monday? I was wondering if anyone was familiar with how many businesses are open in these two towns on Sunday (I'll ask about that on Senoia forum as well)

4. If there are enough attractions around Alpharetta to merit an overnight stay (we are up for museums, aquariums, etc), someone please recommend a reasonably ($80-120 per night) priced hotel in a good, safe area. I am completely unfamiliar with the area.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia Aquarium General Admission
16 Reviews
from US$43.51*
Free Cancellation
Atlanta CityPASS
102 Reviews
from US$82.68*
Free Cancellation
Small Group Half Day Trip to Georgia...
from US$72.00*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,104 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Girl Doll

#4 - Alpharetta is basically a large suburb about 15 miles north of Atlanta with not many tourist attractions. Those will mostly be in the Atlanta area. Any place you pick will be safe to stay.

#3 Just about everything in Alpharetta will be open on Sunday. There is a large mall, North Point, which is where the store you reference is located, and an entertainment and eating development nearby called Avalon. Can't speak to Senoia. Be aware that it's 60 or 70 miles between them.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Avalon
Avalon
Cape May County, NJ
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,387 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Girl Doll

Traffic is better on Sunday up GA 400 than the weekdays.

If want Aquarium go downtown to Georgia Aquarium. It is awesome for all ages.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 07:02
Mentioned in this post
Georgia Aquarium
Georgia Aquarium
19,697 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
atlanta
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Girl Doll

How old is your son?

There is a Top Golf very close by the mall.

Do they like nature walks? The Big Creek Greenway is nice to walk or bike on (there are bike rentals available at various entrances to the Greenway, I know for sure at the Kimball Bridge parking lot and on the Roswell side, the parking area off of Old Alabama Road).

REI also has a large store not far from the Mall.

Near Alpharetta is historic downtown Roswell which has antebellum homes to tour, a charming little area with great restaurants and shops, and more hiking/walking at the Roswell Mill/Vickery Creek and the adjacent Chattahoochee River recreational area. Not far from downtown Roswell is the Chattahoochee Nature Center.

Downtown Alpharetta is booming and y’all/they could also visit the mentioned Avalon which is a couple of exits up 400 from North’s Point Mall- There is a movie theater there.

If it’s rainy, there are movie theaters at North Point Mall area as well.

Alpharetta and the North Point Mall area are very safe. But, just like anywhere, do not leave valuables or anything that looks like a purse, laptop case, etc. in your car. Ditto for parking at the Greenway or any of the above parks.

IMO, the doll store is about an an hour at the most (two if you have lunch). While I’ve never really been into dolls, I took my daughter and a niece there several years ago and I have to say it was kind of neat.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 08:19
Mentioned in this post
Roswell
Roswell
Georgia
Alabama
Alabama
United States
Chattahoochee Nature Center
Chattahoochee Nature...
197 Reviews
Roswell, GA
Avalon
Avalon
Cape May County, NJ
North Point Mall
North Point Mall
155 Reviews
Alpharetta, GA
Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Girl Doll

You’ll see two extremes of suburban Atlanta between Alpharetta and Senoia. The latter is a small town with a few restaurants and boutiques amidst the Walking Dead grounds. At least one tour company does tours on both Sundays and Mondays if you want to take a guided route - http://www.georgiamercantile.com - which would be probably all the time you need in the area aside from perhaps lunch of which you have several options.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Flowood, MS
Level Contributor
215 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Girl Doll

Thank you all. I have taken notes.

atlanta
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Girl Doll

Hi Kathy, I rarely get to the Mall area so I completely forgot about this place, but I ran an errand there today and noticed a Dave and Busters very close by on North Point Parkway. That might be an option for your husband and son.

https:/…alpharetta

Reply to: American Girl Doll
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alpharetta
More Alpharetta Topics