We have up to 8 people, kids but none younger than 12. We're from Northern California and looking for something around 7 days (maybe a day or 2 longer if need be) just after Christmas. We're looking mainly for some beach time with various excursions possible. While we do know there's a lot of culture here, we've got members w/ limited energy/motivation so I've got to plan w/ what I've got to work with...
Looks like we can manage an 8 hour flight with a quick layover in San Salvador.
Ramon's Village Resort was recommended by a friend and it appears to fit the level of particular ones in our party. Granted we're not stuck on this but this is the type we'd be looking for.
Snorkeling for sure. Relaxing on a nice beach. We don't have to swim in the water, just go in to cool off. Diving/fishing not a must. Caving looks intriguing, so does visiting some type of Mayan ruins just to respect the local culture. Anything else is a plus but not required.
Areas of interest
- Ambergris Caye looks like a good spot.
- Place w/ good restaurants outside of resort
- Belize zoo
1) Would it be workable (or worth it) to split the trip between Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye? Or are they too close? Looks like some day trips to the mainland are accessible from Caye Caulker.
2) I see that Ramon's does do day excursions to the mainland. How long is that travel time?
3) From the main airport, how would we get to/from Caye Caulker?
4) From the main airport, how would we get to/from Ambergris Caye?