We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying beer by the case

Caseville, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Buying beer by the case

Is there any place to purchase a case of beer to bring back to the villa. How much are they

15 replies to this topic
Caribbean
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Buying beer by the case

I've seen Miller beer and Heineken, but not in every store. I don't recall seeing any Mexican beer.

Some imports from Caribbean countires: Red Stripe, Caribe, Kubuli, Presidente.

Belikin has several different flavours now.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
827 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Buying beer by the case

I saw Corona at one of the two stores I was in. Not that I would ever drink that stuff. The Belikin stout is quite good IMO. But my policy is to drink local beer whenever possible. An exception would be Perú, where I have never found any drinkable local beer. Heineken, of course, is neither from the US nor from México, and is produced all over the world. That is important because most of it is now crap. So see if it is made in Holland and if not, consider avoiding it.

My experience with the local beer was that it was about half the price in the grocery store that it was in the bars.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Buying beer by the case

Of course Heineken is not American. I was just naming brands I've seen, not necessarily American brands.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Buying beer by the case

Are you sure you saw Corona, and, not the recently offered Land Shark? I’ve never seen any Mexican or Guatemalan beer sold here (legally).

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
827 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Buying beer by the case

Where's Kubuli from? Never heard of that one. Ah, I see: Dominica. No wonder I have not heard of it. Carib is from T & T. I know that one. Presidente, of course, is from the DR and I like that one. Drank quite a bit when I was in Miami a few weeks ago. Kalik from The Bahamas is another good one. I saw that in Belmopan but not in San Pedro.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Reply to: Buying beer by the case
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted