We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

I have seen some threads regarding the credit card fraud issues and also some not flattering ones of Cholo's, does anyone have experience with another company in San Pedro that rented a nice gas powered 4 seater golf cart at a reasonable price? We are headed there next Saturday but haven't reserved a cart yet. Thanks

52 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

Where are you staying? We were north of San Pedro and rented directly from our resort. Although they contracted with a company (I don't remember who), we found it very convenient. The golf cart was there ready for us on arrival. And the first time we drove it at night, we learned the headlights didn't work. All we had to do was tell the front office and they immediately gave us keys to another cart they had on the premises. It was super easy and required no effort at all on our part to pick up/return the cart.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

We're staying at the Blue tang in the northern part of town. The hotel offers carts but again I don't know where they rent them from

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

We rented from Carts Belize, located very near the airport. The cart was in very good condition and we had no issues with the cart or the company.

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

I'm at blue tang inn from 8/21- 8/24, I asked them when i booked about a golf cart, but they never did say who it was from, I'll ask.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,440 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

Are you sure you need a golf cart for your stay since you're right in town? They can be a pain to park, traffic can be a surprising hassle. Unless there's a real reason for a cart, I'd wait until you arrive, then, see how it goes. Maybe just rent for a day or two to go exploring.

Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

Golf Carts are a must to get to the lagoon side of the island (do not miss this)

DO NOT RENT FROM TROPICANA GOLF CART RENTALS. They delivered a cart to our villa which was in poor condition and then charged my credit card for the pre-existing damage. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH TROPICANA GOLF CART RENTALS, SAN PEDRO, BELIZE.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

Jean, thanks for your reply. I hadn't considered parking. We just want the flexibility to go use the cart versus walking all the time since it will be so hot( we get there this Saturday). Also we aren't the type of family that can sit on the same beach all day long but will consider only renting for part of the time.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

I like Carts Belize. They keep their carts very well maintained, they have windshields and they have rear view mirrors and not all companies do.

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

We used Moncho's once and it was really nice, clean and actually ran, which can't be said for the one from C and S over by the airport. I'd go with Moncho's every time next trip.

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?

We used Moncho's once and it was really nice, clean and actually ran, which can't be said for the one from C and S over by the airport. I'd go with Moncho's every time next trip.

Reply to: Golf carts-whose the best to rent from?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted