We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overall Information of San Pedro

South Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
112 reviews
Overall Information of San Pedro

The golf cart rides into the San Pedro is fun. We stayed in Ambergris Caye the North end of the Island. Its much better than in town. Every trip into town we had to pay their toll which is $5 round trip. It does not make sense but we followed the rules. The roads are very bumpy and lots of speed bumps everywhere. The parking is premium its easier to park on Front street but be careful do not park in the red zones. You need to be careful driving, between the dogs and children and other carts you have to be aware of your surroundings. The town itself is poor and inviting. We did grocery shop in the best store ever "Cayemart" its located right on the circle which is the only turn about in town. Must of the great restaurant are located along their beach side and its a great walk along the beach. You do run into vendors they do have great prices for jewelry. Our overall 10 day stay was terrific, we were very lucky no rain and a great windy breeze everyday which took away all of the mosquitos. There were non the days we were their, but a few horse flies which they bite. There rainy season starts now in June thru August.

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
147 reviews
1. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

Nice write up Terri. Thank you!

South Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

Thank you one thing I forgot to mention some places are picky about credit cards. We took lots of $1,5 for tipping. You can go into my other reviews of all the activities we did and our resort

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
295 posts
131 reviews
3. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

Hello Terri!

We will be in San Pedro for 10 days in July. Do you feel that it is best to rent a cart for our entire stay or would it be better to get one here and there. I kind of feel like I should just get one, so we don't have to worry about transportation around the island. We are staying at Mata Rocks south of town.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

I would check prices before making this decision. You can rent carts by the day but when you reach a certain amount of days, it is cheaper to rent for an entire week depending who you go with. Some companies offer free delivery and pick up so make sure to ask. We used Carts Belize and paid $271.00 US for seven days which included a 10% discount for mentioning where we were staying. Ask for a discount no matter who you choose! This included taxes, insurance, and delivery/pick up. Their daily rates are around $43.00 for eight hours and $65.00 for 24 hours. Four individual rentals days would have cost us $260.00. So if you plan on using the cart more than 4 days it's cheaper to rent for seven. We used the cart 6 out of seven days for shopping, grocery and beer runs. It is very convenient to be able to jump on a cart and go depending where you're staying. (we stayed on the South end of the island 2.5 miles from town). The carts used much less gas than we expected. We already booked our next trip for April 2017 and we reserved a six seater (they are much harder to find)

South Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

The situation is the parking ,everywhere you go the parking is for golf carts. They do have a 6 seater carts and they rent them for a week like we did. I will ask my husband when he arrives this afternoon what thr cost was. In addition you can go on my other reviews and get ideas

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,481 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

If I was as Mata Rocks in the summer months, I'd want a golf cart. We're usually on the island in the winter months, so, walking isn't as much of an issue.

It's the off season, I'd ask around for 'deals'.

South Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
112 reviews
7. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

Sorry I made a typo I meant J&K golf rental

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
295 posts
131 reviews
8. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I will definitely just book one for the time we are there (and ask for a discount!).

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
295 posts
131 reviews
9. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

Thank you for the recommendation to ask for a discount, I was able to book a cart for 9 days at $285 US including tax. :)

Jaime

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: Overall Information of San Pedro

That's a great deal Jamie. Who did you rent from?

Get answers to your questions about San Pedro
Recent Conversations