We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time from landing to water taxi?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
time from landing to water taxi?

If my flight lands at 3:45 is it possible possible to catch the 5:30 water taxi to Caye Caulker?

Mentioned in this post
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,449 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
7 replies to this topic
Kalimantan...
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: time from landing to water taxi?

That should be enough time.

It has never taken more than about 45 minutes for me to get through the airport, and then it's about 20 minutes by taxi to the water taxi terminal in Belize City. If you have only carry-on, your chances improve because waiting for luggage was the longest delay for me.

If you're not out of the airport by 5pm, better start looking for Plan B.

Mentioned in this post
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time from landing to water taxi?

thanks!!! I feel better now. I do plan on checking luggage. But looks like the southwest flights get in later then the others, but can't pass up free check luggage.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time from landing to water taxi?

Have you tried traveling really light? Makes the whole trip better for me and really speeds things up in airports, especially transitioning on the way home. Great validation and resource: www.onebag.com

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: time from landing to water taxi?

I plan on packing some food so I don't have to buy as much. just the basics like pbj, cliff bars, random stuff. Plus I'm a chronic over packer haahaha

Washington DC
Level Contributor
385 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: time from landing to water taxi?

i land at 4:15 so not worth the risk trying to get the ferry to Caye Caulker. Is my only option to stay overnite in Belize City or else fly to AC and take the ferry to CC the next day?

Is is possible to do a snorkeling trip from AC with a dropoff at CC?

Mentioned in this post
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,449 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
Kalimantan...
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: time from landing to water taxi?

If you're lucky (maybe land a bit earlier than scheduled, or you get through the airport in record time because of improved luggage claim) and you get out of the airport terminal and in a taxi before 5pm, you still have a chance to get the last water taxi.

As a Plan B, I'd fly to AC, spend the night there, and get a water taxi to CC the next day.

If you find a snorkelling tour that includes a trip to CC, then just get off. It means bringing all your luggage with you for the snorkelling trip. You would have to check with the tour people.

Edited: 25 February 2018, 09:50
Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
569 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: time from landing to water taxi?

Or you could arrange pick up and stay at the Belize Zoo for the night. Relax or go on Nocturnal tour of the zoo. Arrange transport to Caye Caulker taxi in the am.

Mentioned in this post
The Belize Zoo
The Belize Zoo
1,641 Reviews
La Democracia, Belize
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,449 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Reply to: time from landing to water taxi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted