We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship Connections to Caye Caulker

Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ship Connections to Caye Caulker

What's the best way to get from the Carnival cruise ship pier to Caye Caulker. We're in port @ 8 am and depart @ 6 pm. We spent a week there a few years ago and really want return, if only for a few hours.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
431 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Ship Connections to Caye Caulker

Take a cab to the city airport and take a tropic fligt over and back. Check out their website for flight details.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Ship Connections to Caye Caulker

yes, do what auddy suggests, but be sure to make reservations. Tropic has a schedule from both the international airport and the muni airport (you 're flying from the muni aorport because it's both cheaper and closer), but they only fly into Caulker when there's demand. Sort of a whistle stop flight. I imagine that they want to know their daily schedule in advance and they won't plan to go to Caulker if no one wants to go or return, and they may not want to accommodate you at the last minute. They may very well just stick you in a flight going from San Pedro to the international airport, and stop along the way to pick you up and drop you off. The flight is a great way to see the islands.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Ship Connections to Caye Caulker

I use Tropic Air all the time (tropicair.com) there is also Maya Island Air (mayaregional.com) but I prefer Tropic. Take a taxi to the municipal airport which is just a few minutes away. The flight is about 10 mins. I would book ahead if possible, mainly because they are small planes, but I often book less than an hour in advance and haven't had much of an issue yet. The flights go from Belize City to San Pedro and just add the stop in Caye Caulker if there is someone getting dropped off or picked up. When you land in CC you can have the guys at the airport call a golf cart taxi for you if there are none there! Your other option would be the water taxis, there are a few different companies, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Express, they are supposed to be roughly 45 mins to CC, but often take longer. They are extremely cheap in comparison to flying, but if you want to enjoy as much time as you can on CC, with a beautiful view of the Cayes flying in I'd recommend the plane! Enjoy your day! :)

4. Re: Cruise Ship Connections to Caye Caulker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker