We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a wedding

Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a wedding

My fiancé and I are just beginning our planning for a Caye Caulker wedding. We had stopped there on a cruise a last February and thought it was awesome...now we are hopefully making an important trip back.

Has anyone here been to a CC wedding? Tips?

We are wondering about locations, party sizes...etc. like I said we are just starting this journey.

Any help would be appreciated!!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a wedding

Not sure if there is a wedding planner on the caye, but your hotel shpuld be able to assist with license, service and celebrations or point you in the direction of someone reliable who can.Congrats!

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a wedding

Hi and congratulations!!! I actually have lots of great information my husband and I got married on Caye Caulker In March. We had a group of 30 people and we rented all of Cate Reef out, which was awesome having the whole place to ourselves. Caye Reef was really nice and we even had our reception there down around the pool. We did our ceremony on the otherwise of the island at Iguana reef for a sunset ceremony. My wedding planners were awesome!! They did everything!! I will say I was very nervous because I had Expectations of an American wedding and wasn't sure what I would get, but they were awesome!!! I used Lisa and Celina Novelo( email cayecakerweddings@gmail.com). We broke our ceremony up and ate at Habanero's and did everything else at our hotel. I did send down lots of decorations ahead of time. It took me forever to find a photographer, but once I did there were actually a few I liked. We used Jose Luiz Zapata( you can google him and he is on FB). Overall, it was the best week of my life and our guests all had a great time! Caye Caulker is the place to begin your new life together and don't forget, Go slow! If you have any other questions let me know and I hope this was helpful!

Shelley

Berkley, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a wedding

Shelley

I am Nicole, the fiance, I just wanted to thank you for your information and will probably ask many more questions, but I did just try to send an email to Lisa and Celina Novelo but the email came back as invalid. Do you have a correct email for them? Also, do you have any pictures that you wouldn't mind sharing from your wedding??

Thanks!

Nicole

Edited: 10 November 2012, 10:02
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a wedding

Hi, I am a wedding photographer and have lived on Caye Caulker for 13 years. Have you set your date yet? You can see my photos at flickr.com/photos/…

Sincerely,

Lee Vanderwalker

5. Re: Planning a wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 14:19