We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning expeditions ahead vs. waiting to arrive

Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Planning expeditions ahead vs. waiting to arrive

Hello! I am visiting Caye Caulker at the end of July and would like to do at least 1 fishing trip, a trip to the blue holes, and a trip to the Mayan ruins. Would it be best to plan these trips ahead of time or will they already be booked up if we decide to play it by ear when we get there?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning expeditions ahead vs. waiting to arrive

Do you know what tour provider you want to use for your excursions? Especially during the summer, I doubt the tours go every day. If you know who you want to use, it wouldn't hurt to email them and ask what days they might be doing the tours you want.

If you wait until you arrive, you'll still need to do a bit of pre-planning. You'll also need to be flexible as to what days you'll do what. Most of the tours have minimum numbers they have to meet before the tour will go.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning expeditions ahead vs. waiting to arrive

Rarely do they fill up in Summer. I wouldn't pre-book since most tour guides are used to setting up tours the day before.

3. Re: Planning expeditions ahead vs. waiting to arrive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker
Recent Conversations