We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

Which hotel can you get to quickly after coming in from Belize City, Seaside Cabana, Iguana Reef or hotel Island Magic Beach Hotel?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,896 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

The island is so small that no where is much more than a five minute golf cart ride.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm still trying to figure the pros/cons of the 3 hotels and have just read about a 4th called the Sea Dreams. I'm gonna check it out.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

I recommend Island Magic. Sweet place! Very close to the water taxi pier. Pool, beach bar, nice rooms.

Indy
Level Contributor
995 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

We love Seaside Cabanas but don't have anything else to reference to...

St. Croix USVI
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

My wife and I stayed at Seaside Cabanas in early June. I do not know about the other properties you mentioned but from walking around Caye Caulker, and it does not take a lot to see the entire island, my impression was that the Seaside Cabanas was the nicest place on the island. It is right in front of the water taxi pier and they allowed us to check in to our room at 10:30 in the morning (#18), which made things very easy. To me, Caye Caulker has kind of a backpacker vibe and for every tourist my age (mid 50s) there are probably 10 or more in their 20s or 30s, so my perspective is different from others who will comment, but if budget is not your main concern, then I would definitely recommend the Seaside Cabanas, particularly room 18..

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

I stayed at Iguana Reed in January 2013 and loved it. Very clean, beautiful hotel rooms. No tropical vibe, but beautiful place. Great pool, excellent, friendly staff.

Probably the best place on the island to watch the sunrise and set. Mini bar in room, continental breakfast in the bar. Nice relaxing bar, decent priced drinks.

My family stayed at Island Magic and it was very nice. They had a mini kitchen, full fridge ( which Iguana Reef did not).Nice pool as well. Cannot comment on the other two.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

Another vote for Seaside Cabanas. We stayed there in May (also #18). My sister and her hubby were in #2. They were also happy with our choice to stay at Seaside Cabanas.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

Thanks everyone for your post! I'm so glad that most of you said that Seaside Cabanas was one of the best because I was gonna stay at the Iguana Reef, but with further invetigation, I decided on Seaside. If I were taking any children, I would stay at the Island Magic. Can't wait to go to Caye Caulker, and I hope that the water taxi right out front of the hotel is one of the stops coming in from Belize City. I need to find out where else the water taxi goes from the Seaside.

9. Re: Seaside Cabana Hotel , Iguana Reef Inn or Magic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker
Recent Conversations