We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety on Caye Caulker?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Safety on Caye Caulker?

My mother really wants to go to Belize, but is unsure about Caye Caulker. I think it will be great, but she needs reassurance. Is it safe?

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
236 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

Never had an issue in Caye Caulker. Very laid back vibe. Be sure to eat lots of fresh lobster and go snorkeling/scubadiving. Some of the best in the world.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

Thanks so much! Any suggestions on tours/things to do? I would like to go snorkeling one day, any other activities that I should do?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,883 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

CC is generally safe, but visitors should still follow some common sense.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

Thanks so much! Any suggestions on tours/things to do? I would like to go snorkeling one day, any other activities that I should do?

Edited: 10 July 2013, 07:44
Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
236 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

Raggamuffin Tours, snorkeling/scubadiving, kitesurfing, parasailing, swim at "Di Split", etc... Barring intense rain, you're bound to have a great time. And even then there is lobster, karaoke and good people.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

Thanks so much! I will definitely look into this!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

Hol Chan Marine Reserve is a must do. It's a fun excursion where you snorkel at 2 or 3 sites, and you get to swim with the sharks and rays at Shark/Ray Alley. I wouldn't stay out too much past sundown - it gets...less than nice. Like Mr. B. said, use common sense. Just say 'no' to all the guys that try to sell you something. Have fun!

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

Here is a list of things you can do ...

http://kokomobeachbelize.com/tours/

9. Re: Safety on Caye Caulker?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker
Recent Conversations