We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tree Tops, Seaside Cabanas or Chila's Cabin, can't decide!

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Tree Tops, Seaside Cabanas or Chila's Cabin, can't decide!

I "think" I've narrowed our one week stay to either the Sunrise Suite at the Tree Tops Guesthouse, or one of the top floor rooms (all of the cabanas are booked) at Seaside Cabanas, OR Chila's Cabin (which I can't find too much info about).

The Sunrise Suite seems to be the best rated room at Tree Tops, and most of the great reviews about Seaside Cabanas comes from people who are staying in the cabanas (which we can't book). Prices of both of these options are about the same.

Then there is Chila's Cabin... it seems to be clean and cozy with a great view from the little deck, but I'm just not sure if it would be almost "too" quiet there. Also, if security would be an issue at all since it's sort of on its own and access right from the street?

Or am I missing another good option? I know the island is small, but we would like to be able to walk to restaurants/bars/the split in under 10 minutes, so have sort of narrowed it down to the area falling between these 3 spots.

Having a nice outdoor space to enjoy the view and be able to be on the sand by the water in a minute or less is important. TV (I know...), wifi, a fridge, and A/C, with a clean/cute space in the $100ish range, and feeling safe/secure are all on the list.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Tree Tops Guesthouse
Tree Tops Guesthouse
281 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
Colinda Cabanas
Colinda Cabanas
#1 of 19 hotels in Caye Caulker
CayeReef
CayeReef
#2 of 19 hotels in Caye Caulker
Iguana Reef Inn
Iguana Reef Inn
#3 of 19 hotels in Caye Caulker
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tree Tops, Seaside Cabanas or Chila's Cabin, can't decide!

I've booked the downstairs two bedroom at Diane's Beach house for our upcoming stay in Oct but maybe the one bedroom upstairs would suit you. From what I can tell it is within close walking distance to the split and many bars/restaurants and great water views.

http://www.vrbo.com/381437

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tree Tops, Seaside Cabanas or Chila's Cabin, can't decide!

Right now I am staying at Chila's . I highly recomend it. It is big enough for. It is , cosy, safe, great view and afordable

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tree Tops, Seaside Cabanas or Chila's Cabin, can't decide!

Good to hear! We just booked Chila's for our first 4 nights (was only available until then), and Colinda Cabanas for the last 3, so all set!

Mentioned in this post
Colinda Cabanas
Colinda Cabanas
626 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
4. Re: Tree Tops, Seaside Cabanas or Chila's Cabin, can't decide!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 14:18