We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Lake Atitlan at the end of October

Murfreesboro...
2 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Lake Atitlan at the end of October

Hello all!

I will be moving to Lake Atitlan soon with my boyfriend and our dogs! We will be moving into a rather large house that we figured we could airbnb out as well. We both have bachelors degrees, his is political science/history degree and mine is an animal science degree. I definitely plan on volunteering with ayuda... but I really wanted a job with a veterinarian clinic as well if at all possible. I believe the closest town is Sololá. . Both he and I will need jobs a few months after we arrive. We already have our living place figured out which is good. . So I was hoping for some advice with everything else and jobs!!!

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Lake Atitlan
Lake Atitlan
659 Reviews
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
4 replies to this topic
Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Lake Atitlan at the end of October

Do you speak Spanish?

Murfreesboro...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Lake Atitlan at the end of October

Yes

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Lake Atitlan at the end of October

This is one of the most respected vets in the area. There are others to consider as well. https:/…clinica-san-martin

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Lake Atitlan at the end of October

Probably the main advice is to be certain that you conform to all of the relevant visa requirements for long-term residence and employment as mandated by Guatemala and the CA4 and that you understand the process for reporting income and expenditures for Guatemala tax purposes. No doubt one of the employed expats on this forum can offer more specific advice on this topic.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Reply to: Moving to Lake Atitlan at the end of October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;