We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Term Modest House Rental?

Las Ventas con Pena...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Long Term Modest House Rental?

Stable and dependable federal retirement pensioner. Looking for a basic house; does not have to be large but I will have a small automobile. I would like to have a tiny garden.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,350 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

Check out Vacation Rentals by Owner and Air B and B - buena suerte!

www.vrbo.com

www.airbnb.com

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
735 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

When are you coming and for how long. VRBO may not be what you need for long term. What area are you looking in. The best thing would be to arrive and take a temporary place while you lookk for something that suits you. There are no organized places to look. You can ask around and check out flyers posted at numerous places in Panajachel. There are some great places to live but you have to look a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Panajachel
Panajachel
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

The local real estate person that is very reliable is Armand Boissy. www.atitlanrealestate.com or atitlanrealestate@mac.com

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,350 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

That website doesn't appear to work - could you check it? I'm interested, too.

Las Ventas con Pena...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

Arrival: Spring 2012

Length of stay 365 days/yr minimum 5 yrs possibly longer

Cannot walk a long distance, and I am living on social security so a fancy place is out of the question as is outright purchase. I could live anywhere around the lake where I could hobble to grocery shop, catch the lancha, or even I guess live in Solola.I am planning to buy one of those putt-putt Italika scooters and park the darned car (I intend to nationalize it ans get a resident's visa).

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

Hi there,

I have a web site www.rentalsatitlan.com with a lot of options in Panajachel

which might be the best village for you to live in specially if you plan to buy a vehicle.. Browse the site and let me know if you find something.. notes that not all my rentals are listed.

Best and merry Christmas

Mentioned in this post
Panajachel
Panajachel
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Panajachel...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

The correct website is www.rentalsatitlan.com for the rentals one and www.realestateatitlan.com for the real este one.. plus other ones that you can access from these 2.

8. Re: Long Term Modest House Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake Atitlan