We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copan to Coban (Guatemala) by shuttle/public transport

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
Copan to Coban (Guatemala) by shuttle/public transport
Save

Hey guys,

I will be visiting Copan on Easter Sunday and looking to travel to Coban in Guatemala the following day. I wasn't able to find any shuttles (as opposed to private vans) that would go directly between the two cities- are any of you able to recommend something?

I am also happy to break the journey up as long as it can be done in a single day (for example go to Rio Hondo/ Chiquimila first)- do you know where I can find the bus schedules?

Any pointers are v much welcome.

Best,

Kat

2 replies to this topic
wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
900 posts
36 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: Copan to Coban (Guatemala) by shuttle/public transport
Save

You might email or Facebook message ViaVia Cafe in Copan; they offer shuttles on some routes. I'm not sure how good they are at replying.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
320 reviews
276 helpful votes
2. Re: Copan to Coban (Guatemala) by shuttle/public transport
Save

Good advice above. You could certainly make the trip in a day using long range buses from Copán to Guatemala City and from there to Coban. The share shuttles and Hedman Alas buses go in the afternoon, though - not sure how you'd make the first leg in the morning but there are probably other options. By local buses, also possible, but more complicated. Hopefully someone with more recent experience heading out fro Copán will chime in.

Reply to: Copan to Coban (Guatemala) by shuttle/public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.