We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?

Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
196 posts
101 reviews
101 helpful votes
ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?
Save

Hi all,

I just stayed at ViaVia in Ayacucho Peru and really enjoyed it. So I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at ViaVia in Copan Ruinas? or has opinions about it?

It is only reviewed as a restaurant on TA.

Thanks,

Suzanne

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?
Save

Since no one else is answering - I've never stayed at ViaVia but I've walked by often. It looks like a good place to stay and they offer tours and activities. There's a pleasant place to sit overlooking the street and it's across the street from one of my favourite restaurants. It's a great location.

And Copan is a wonderful place to visit.

Edited: 2 years ago
wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
900 posts
36 reviews
40 helpful votes
2. Re: ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?
Save

I've never stayed there, but the cafe is great and the owner is an interesting and knowledgeable guy. It's reviewed on TripAdvisor, listed as Via Via. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g292022-d2235137-Reviews-Hotel_Via_Via_Copan-Copan_Ruinas_Copan_Department.html

Only concern might be noise, especially if you tend to go to bed early. The cafe is near many of the rooms.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
196 posts
101 reviews
101 helpful votes
3. Re: ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?
Save

Thanks...the Belgians integrate so well into South American cultures. i'm not surprised they do the same in Central America.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
196 posts
101 reviews
101 helpful votes
4. Re: ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?
Save

Thanks...you found the hotel review. That helps me a lot.

Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?
Save

The ViaVias, I believe, are individually owned so I am not sure how an experience in one would translate to another. However, as others have said, the Copan one is run by a somewhat gregarious and friendly guy that speaks multiple languages. It has a bar, restaurant, tour service, and a few rooms.

The rooms are spartan and there can be noise from the popular bar. However, all that is compensated by the very low rates. Location is good.

Reply to: ViaVia hostal - has anyone stayed there? opinions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.