We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copan Ruins

1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
Copan Ruins
Save

Hi, I would like to visit Copan Ruins from Antigua and the day after I would like to get Puerto Barrios or Rio Dulce.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thank you

Alessandra

1 reply
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
29 reviews
19 helpful votes
1. Re: Copan Ruins
Save

My suggestion would be to do a bit more research into Puerto Barrios. I haven't been there, but I've read that Puerto Barrios is a rather rough port town.

In Honduras, the Mayan ruins of Copan, along with the quaint, colonial-looking town just a short walk from them (which I've visited several times, most recently last December), make for a great place to visit. You may not want to rush off so quickly to the Rio Dulce. However, you may be able to get some good advice about visiting the Rio Dulce while you're in Copan -- try seeking advice in any of the friendly, low-keyed cafes and restaurants you'll find in town, like Via Via and Casa de Todos.

Edited: 29 July 2022, 15:26
Reply to: Copan Ruins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.