We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

US
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

Has anyone ever done the aloha days deal? 4 hours of unlimited beach rentals for $40 per person seems like a good deal since it costs almost as much to rent a SUP here at Hapuna for just one hour.

Mentioned in this post
Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area
Hapuna Beach State...
2,192 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
8 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

Krista, my five sons did this when I took them over last summer. It's a super deal that I recommend, although we encountered a few hiccups. First, even though I'd reserved online ahead of time, the guys still had to wait in a long-ish line to fill out paperwork. Not a huge deal, but it did eat into our time & pointed up the fact that "reserving" ahead of time didn't make a difference. Then there were really way too many people who had to share too little water gear. There was always a wait. Meanwhile, a good amount of their equipment was sitting unused on the beach. When I asked the Ocean Sports guys about it (they were great, btw), they expressed some annoyance with the owners/management and said some of the equipment was older, needed replacing given how much wear & tear it takes from rental usage.

Anyway, my sons enjoyed using the equipment for an hour or two but ultimately got tired of waiting in lines and just did their own thing. With five guys, it was still worth it to me. And I think there will be far fewer people right now, given the current dynamics.

Final note (I know this is more than you need, lol): when I came home, I shot Ocean Sports a quick email, thanked them for the experience and mentioned they could improve in a couple respects. I had a reply within an hour, thanking me for my business & comments, and refunding me half of my costs ~ which I hadn't asked for or expected. Great customer service ~ and who knows: maybe my constructive criticism encouraged them to address a few repairs, lol.

~ Colleen

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

Colleen,

Interesting story about your experience. I believe most businesses want to do the right thing. Reaching out and showing them how they can improve was a civilized approach.

I hope that people in the future have a good experience as well.

US
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

Thanks for the helpful info!

Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

I second everything Colleen said - bit of a line up and wait, but still completely worth it IMO. We spent the full 4 hours there with our 2 kids ages 10 and 12, and I felt that it was a good value.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
154 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

Great question, was wondering the same thing myself!

Very thorough answer Colleen! Thanks :)

Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

Krista W - did you end up doing this? How were the waits? We are headed to the BI on Friday, and working on last minute ideas for the trip. My kids have expressed wanting to rent SUP's while we are there and also on our trip to Maui.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
US
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

We did do it and thought it was well worth the money! The only thing we had to wait for were water bikes because they only had 3. SUP rental was $40 for an hour at Muana Lani so I thought it was a great deal to get 4 hours of rentals.

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu

Thanks for your follow up on this. I will be there on Wednesday staying on A Bay with my 2 children and this sounds perfect! Let us know of any other must do activities! Have a wonderful vacation.

Reply to: Aloha days at Aneaho'omalu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted