We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where have all the BI DEs gone

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
where have all the BI DEs gone

we will miss you if so....You guys have been fantastic

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

*crickets*

I'm so disappointed to see that something has happened to shut down some DE's. I'm grateful for all their help in the past and for the solid, balanced information & resources they've provided over the past few weeks. Thank you.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

Yes, Shea & KK have been genuine & positive resources for so many people over the years. All thanks to them.

Thank you to Sybil, a Kailua-Kona DE, and other island residents (danipo, wahineokawaa) for your help, too.

~ Colleen

Mentioned in this post
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,713 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

It's awful! Terrible ... the whole thing!

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

Such a shame. They provided such valuable information & worked overtime with the recent events. Grateful for the information provided.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

WTH? Shea and KK have provided so much valuable updates and when I checked in today all of Shea's stuff disappeared. What the?? To lose such a valuable member in her would be an absolute shame.

Level Contributor
240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

I can imagine why, from several different angles. A break is a good thing.

I hope it’s temporary, but they’ll make the best decision for themselves. Others are stepping in and doing a fine job.

Many thanks to all,

Ruth

Virginia
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

Since the first eruption I have been on the forum 3-4 times throughout the day, although usually for just a few minutes each in between things at work, and catch up at every couple nights. Today though, I didn't log on since yesterday until 7ish east coast time.

That a Train wreck occurred during the day was apparent quickly. A bit more digging and I realized the forum lost two DEs. I don't know why or what transpired. Oh, I can make some guesses, based on what is left of the posts from today, but they are just guesses.

I didn't always agree with every perspective the DEs had, but I didn't have to. Not sure I would even want to, because then what point is a forum? If I only want to hear my own opinion or perspective, I can stand in front of a mirror and talk to myself.

Whatever events transpired here today, to have events come to long time DEs leaving the forum, is sad and a darn shame for everyone.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
320 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

I won't miss the bias or the one size fits all suggestions of Mauna Lani for everyone. It will be refreshing to see other opinions not being dog piled by numerous posts by DEs, misrepresentation of data and misquoting of others' posts.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

Mike, tell us how you really feel, lol.

There was no train wreck today. I don’t want to say more and anyway this thread will likely be deleted. If you want to reach out to express thanks, please do.

~ Colleen

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where have all the BI DEs gone

I don't agree with the "misrepresentation and bias opinions" of the DEs here as someone said. I have found the DEs very helpful and on-the ground REAL time reporting which has been so useful to so many that go on TA to find accurate information.

They are volunteers who actively help and promote tourism without even a thank you half the time.

It is such a bloody sad state of affairs when nobody can just agree to disagree and move on.