We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New cover photo?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
154 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
New cover photo?

Love the new cover photo on The Island of Hawaii Forum Page. Where is this beautiful beach?

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
6 replies to this topic
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New cover photo?

If you are talking about the image at TripAdvisor page for Hawaii Island at following link:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g29217-I…

That should not be used for the Island of Hawaii as the following link shows that to be Makapu’u Beach, Oahu if following website correct (I never have been to that beach):

https:/…hawaii-best-hidden-beaches

Edited: 11 June 2018, 12:32
Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
154 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New cover photo?

My mistake, it’s not on the forum page. Yes, that’s the image I was talking about. Wonder how it ended up being the cover photo!?

LA
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New cover photo?

Rather stupid of TA to have posted a photo of the wrong island

Mendocino...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New cover photo?

Yes this is a picture of Makapu'u Beach, Oahu on TA's "All About Island of Hawaii" page. I stayed near there last year. It is in fact quiet gorgeous on the east side of Oahu. It is very sad to me that TA has degenerated to this...just another site promoting travel through advertising that may or may not be accurate.

The real BI info offered so honestly and tirelessly by KK and SheaG is no more. Blogger Beware!

Mentioned in this post
Makapu'u Beach
Makapu'u Beach
271 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,511 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New cover photo?

TA is geographically challenged and actually rely's on their users to post the correct photos. This happens all the time and has happened for years, nothing new. I used the grey report button to report it. Chances of them actually changing it is 50-50.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,577 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New cover photo?

TA is geographically challenged? I am all astonishment! lol

Yes, mendojojo. Rather sad commentary that even this travel site doesn't know one destination from the next.

~ Colleen

Reply to: New cover photo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted