We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Snorkeling Trips Before I go, or When I get there?

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Booking Snorkeling Trips Before I go, or When I get there?

We are off to the Big Island for a week in July and I am wondering if I am safe to leave booking our snorkelling tour(s) for when we get there. Am I likely to get it any cheaper when I am there? Being peak time I am nervous about tours being full.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trish

3 replies to this topic
Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Snorkeling Trips Before I go, or When I get there?

I always book once I arrive and figure out my schedule. Haven’t had an issue finding an open place or two. One of my favorites to book is Hula Kai our Keauhou. It goes to locations most other boats attempt and is more adult oriented. I always go first thing in the morning before the wind comes up and the seas get rougher.

If you are staying up north there are other choices others can tell you about. I’ve been on some but it was a few years ago and they didn’t go to my favorite places so I was less impressed. Others swear by them so maybe they’ve changed for the better.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 11:32
US
Level Contributor
232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Snorkeling Trips Before I go, or When I get there?

We did a tour with Fairwinds today that we booked just 3 days ago. It was a fantastic tour. If you go be sure to snorkel all the way over to the monument. They did say that had a full boat today

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
180 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Snorkeling Trips Before I go, or When I get there?

We did a snorkel kayak trip with A adventures in Paradise. Whatever trip you take make sure you go over to the monument because the snorkeling there is the best I've ever seen. We booked it when we got there but we were there at the end of May. Enjoy

Reply to: Booking Snorkeling Trips Before I go, or When I get there?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted