We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anara Spa Recommendations

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
870 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anara Spa Recommendations

We have $900 of Hyatt certificates to burn through during our two-day stay in July. My wife wants to go to the spa, but is unsure what to book. Any recommendations? Any idea what a "body polish" is?

California
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

How fun!!!!

I have never had a body polish at The Hyatt but I have had one (or two or three) and it's a great exfoliating massage. You can use different methods. I like the sugar scrubs but have a had a sea scrub too. It is heaven. Can you use the certificates for dining too?

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
870 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

The certificates are good for dining, but I'm not impressed with the options.

Probably once each at Ilima Terrace, Yum Cha, and Tidepools.

Their cocktails however, sound mighty interesting.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,744 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

Have you ever tried Dondero's? It really is an outstanding restaurant. We have dined there every trip since the early 90's and have never been disappointed. We like to dine on the terrace, not inside.

Edited: 20 April 2011, 12:51
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

When we stay at the Hyatt, I alternate with the Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage or the Pohaku hot stone massage (which might be my favorite) They use stones they gather on Poipu Beach. I highly recommend a massage over a scrub, or do both!

Make sure she takes time to enjoy the spa facilities, the dry sauna, the rain shower next to the lava rock. They use coco mango products that smell heavenly, and she'll probably want to buy some from the spa to bring home.

Be sure and try a Mango Martini at Stevenson's Library, sitting out on their patio, watching the sun go down.

I didn't know anyone had $900 of certificates left. We went through thousands, what a good deal that was from Costco last year.

California
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

Hot stone massages are indeed heavenly!

If you can't spend the $900 I will be over in 2 weeks. Save me a scrub!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

Where do these certificates come from? Are they like Groupons?

California
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

Last year you could purchase them at Costco. They were a great deal because it was like saving 20%. They ran out awhile ago. We think CAnative and TJbrooks bought them all.....lol

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
350 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

I have over $2500 of them left! We were going to use them in Maui this week but had to cancel our trip. That was a fabulous deal- such a shame that Costco is no longer carrying them.

Love the Lomi Lomi and hot stone massages too!

Enjoy your stay there and enjoy burning through your certificates!

California
Level Contributor
41,042 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

So your'e the one who hogged them all.... :-)

Do they have an expiration on them?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anara Spa Recommendations

What are the highs and lows of the GW spa, the 4s Maui spa and the Hyatt spa? We stayed at the GW in early 2000 and I did spa treatments 5 days in a row... Lovely and boy was I polished and relaxed!!

Wondering which one I should save spa treatments for? We will be at the Maui 4s and then the Hyatt Kauai in June. Seems like the Hyatt spa is a better experience than the 4S?? I realize that the 4S spa is not like the GW. Love how the outdoor shower sounds!!!

Edited: 20 April 2011, 23:50