We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanai July 13-15th.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Lanai July 13-15th.

Finally after living in Hawaii for almost 10 years, we are taking a trip to Lanai. I'm very excited. Getting a jeep for the day and driving around. Wish we could stay longer :(.

Any must not misses for a weekend trip?

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
8 replies to this topic
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
67,940 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

Oh, what fun!! Good for you!

I would not miss Mike Carroll's gallery, Blue Ginger Cafe, and a wander out on the Munro Trail if it's doable. I'm not a cat person but many love the Cat Sanctuary :-).

Mentioned in this post
Blue Ginger Cafe
Blue Ginger Cafe
456 Reviews
Lanai, HI
Munro Trail
Munro Trail
58 Reviews
Lanai, HI
Lanai Cat Sanctuary
Lanai Cat Sanctuary
370 Reviews
Lanai, HI
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

How cool is that Mrs.C?!! Check out Dr. V's (one of Lanai's de's) posts. Wonderful info abounds.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
951 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

Cat sanctuary if you like cats

Edited: 12 June 2018, 07:25
Mentioned in this post
Lanai Cat Sanctuary
Lanai Cat Sanctuary
370 Reviews
Lanai, HI
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

Thanks all. Not sure about the Cat Sanctuary. We'll see how time goes. Our Jeep comes with a tour guide for the first part of the day and then we are free to do what we want the rest of the day. Don't want to over do it too much. Want to enjoy the hotel a bit considering on what that place costs....

I am looking forward to it. Every time I try to book the Four Seasons it's been full so I'm pretty excited. Just got lucky that the week we have off from school they had openings for the weekend. We've been working full time and going to night school together which includes Saturdays as well. Hard to get a weekend away when you are in school all day on Saturday. The stars aligned, my house sitter is available and the hotel had an opening...it was meant to be.

Mentioned in this post
Lanai Cat Sanctuary
Lanai Cat Sanctuary
370 Reviews
Lanai, HI
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
944 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

Enjoy Mrs Combs! The FS Lanai is my all time favorite hotel! Don't miss having dinner at NOBU there. It's fantastic and also in a gorgeous outdoor setting! Another favorite thing we love to do is get up early before sunrise and walk up the hill to Pu'u Pehe and watch the sun rise over Haleakala across the channel.

The beach attendants take AMAZING care of all FS guests - same guys have been working there for years because they love their jobs. On this particular beach they give you menus you are able to order food and drink and they bring it to you while you lounge on the beach (not alcohol though) . Every time we got up to swim in the ocean they cheerfully came over to our chairs - adjusted our umbrellas in accordance to the sun - replaced our sandy towels and refreshed our big cooler of ice water. Best beach service I've ever had in Hawaii! They also provide free snorkel gear to use (early in the morning is best of course for snorkeling overto the left side of the beach by the tide pools )

Edited: 12 June 2018, 23:03
Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

Thank you Julieugg. I wish we were going to be there longer. Will try to take advantage of as much as the FS has to offer.

I looked at Nobu's menu but not a lot appealed to me. I'll have to look at it again.

Can't wait for July!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
944 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

NOBU is very very Asian - with a huge focus on sashimi and sushi. (They have a lot of the same signature dishes that the other Nobu restaurants have, and some Pacific Rim twists too) If you aren't into that sort of thing then One Forty is also wonderful and has a gorgeous atmosphere as well. Completely different menu so check that one out. Hotel Lanai's great restaurant just recently closed for renovations (Lanai City Grille) and Malibu Farms and Views close before dinner - so you have a few options in Lanai City like Blue Ginger if you would rather not eat at the FS. They have a free shuttle than runs back and forth to Lanai City on a regular schedule all day long until around 9 or 10pm. And after that you could just call Rabaca's for a ride back to the hotel. Have fun - you will soon be there!

Edited: 13 June 2018, 07:18
Mentioned in this post
Lanai City
Lanai City
Lanai, HI
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lanai July 13-15th.

JulieBugg -

Two foods that make me sick to my stomach....fish and raw fish. :) Bad experiences. I did make a reservation at One Forty for dinner. I hope to enjoy some venison.

Can't wait!

Reply to: Lanai July 13-15th.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lanai
;