We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CoVid conscious activities and excursions

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

Instead of all the talk of should visitors go or not, how about discussion on Covid responsible things to do for people that are going no matter what?

Hiking/walking

helicoptor tours

visit farms/upcounrty

etc...

What are some good ideas of things to do other than sit next to a pool in a crowded area or drive to Hana and bother locals.

For people like me who are going fairly early next year and want to stay responsible.

Please make your best attempt to keep politics and drama out of it!

22 replies to this topic
Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

- Walk the Kapalua coastal trail. Go early it gets really hot.

- Go check out Nakalele blowhole and there are a lot of hikes in NW Maui. There is a top question about it in the desktop version.

- Go up to Haleakala some morning (after sunrise) and spend the day upcountry. We enjoyed Ocean Vodka and Maui Wine. There is also a top question for upcountry things to do.

- Napili and Kapalua are my favorite beaches. Great for snorkeling and swimming.

- Definitely go out on a whale watch (since you said early next year it should be whale season). Our favorite is Captain Steve’s.

- We love to go to Fish Market Maui when they open (I can’t remember if it’s at 10 or 11) to get fresh fish to cook for dinner on the grills at our condo. Usually stop at the farmers market also and get awesome guacamole, pico, lilikoi cream cheese, banana bread, and coconut syrup.

- Some things we still haven’t done but are on our list for a future trip: zip lining in NW Maui, Trilogy to Lana’i snorkel tour, Iao valley, and a sunset sail.

United States
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
2. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

I just love how "responsible" has become the new Virtue Wash word. Used to be " respectful" as in " we respectfully swam with a pod of spinner dolphins our guide found."

Just say "less likely to get or spread covid as we travel"

1. Anything you do only with the people you traveled with

2. Anything you do in a KN95 or N95 mask.

3. Anything you do outside staying far from others or see #2

4. Spin the wheel

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
355 posts
18 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

Early next year? The surge will be over and most activities will be fine.

United States
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
4. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

That would be nice unless a new variant emerges from all the unvaccinated petri dishes in the world. Can't count on it. Remember, July 4th was supposed to be freedom day. We had freedom month in June before Delta took over.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

To me a helicopter does not seem covid safe - unless maybe doors off.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
8,803 posts
6. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

Josh

Great Idea, need more of that but you will never silence the snipers they get too much out of it

Certainly not advertise Made in Maui Craft event as something to do

Like spend a couple of hours with the infected community……not a good idea to me

I’d say anything out in the fresh air as far away from crowds as you can get

Don’t eat a restaurants

I would not hesitate to do a snorkel tour, outside, mostly visitors, vaxxed or neg, but I would keep my distance

Lots of hiking trails

I would stay away from and gathering with local residents as there is the hot bed of Covid on Maui

Maui
Level Contributor
105,429 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
7. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

Why so negative and snarky, John? Having a bad Monday?

Josh, drives are good, especially if you do them at different times than the masses. For example, Haleakala in the morning, not sunrise or sunset.

Go Upcountry early, on another day. Check out the good paved section past Ulupalakua, turn around when it ends. Come back through Keokea, and stop ar the different parks and sights. Grab lunch at Kula Bistro. Check out the botanical gardens in lower Kula.

Helicopter tour is a maybe imo.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
31,684 posts
115 reviews
79 helpful votes
8. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

https://connect2local.com/l/909662/c/5023635/4-ideas-for-socially-distanced-fun-on-maui?fbclid=IwAR2XHgaU0Gv5D2OZQkaglZ5qetIj1jLT66A7o_OWZGaT9RA8-17upYiYeSQ

And I just found this....

Haleakala, family surf lesson, food trucks instead of eating in a restaurant, and snorkel fun.

United States
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
9. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

So see if the food truck people are well masked and eyeball your fellow patrons. If you care.

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Save

Any out door markets? Sort of farms to walk around?

Oh how about boat rentals (I’m very experienced in the ocean)?

Reply to: CoVid conscious activities and excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.