We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling gear for young kids...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
630 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling gear for young kids...

Hi,

We will be in Maui (Kaanapali Shores) March 9-16th. Our girls are 10 and 7 and are excited about trying snorkeling. My 10 y/o has a snorkeling set, but I can't find one at this time of year for my 7 year old. She's small, maybe 45-50 lbs, (size 13/1 shoe) and the ones they currently have at Costco would be too big. How easy will it be to find something once we get there? Or are they available to rent somewhere? What about lifejackets - buy or rent? We are going to Waikiki after Maui, so it would be nice to have it there too, but not sure if it would fit in our luggage. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mel

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkeling gear for young kids...

Lots of good info here but I will have to disagree about the cost of luggage vs. renting gear. Snorkel Bobs best gear which is nowhere near the quality, comfort and fit of our own gear is $35/week pp. Their wetsuit is just a thin shirt style not a shorty like we use and it's $20/week pp. So for 2 people $110 for gear that's not nearly as good as our own. And our gear for two people fits in one suitcase which is our only checked bag and costs us $25 on Hawaiian.(And I'm the only one who's ever worn it.) So I'm going to keep taking my own gear.

12. Re: Snorkeling gear for young kids...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 12:17