We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?

Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
41 helpful votes
Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

Someone posted it also can be seen at Bailey's House museum. But it's not true. I called them. They said they get the calls about it all the time but don't even have one there. Is there a sign on the Road to Hana? Anywhere else I can find?

California
Level Contributor
59,707 posts
18 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

Some have mentioned seeing them along the Road to Hana.

I can help you with Oahu ...

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
67,833 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

You can see painted eucalyptus trees along the Hana Hwy. at mile marker #4. I have also read you can see some at the Garden of Eden Botanical Arboretum.

Edited: 9 years ago
Maui
Level Contributor
105,429 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

Aloha,

Bailey House has a Rainbow Shower tree--not a painted eucalyptus. The Rainbow Shower trees are gorgeous, and there are a lot of them on Maui, some in different colors.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
625 posts
22 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

Kenai Arboredum on the road to Hana- it may be spelled wrong! Can't figure out how to spell check on cell phone, free admission, need mosquito repellant.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
31,873 posts
115 reviews
79 helpful votes
5. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

If you hike the Waihee Ridge Trail, there are some up there as well, although not as spectacular as the ones on the RTH.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
22 reviews
38 helpful votes
6. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

I recommend the turnoff for Garden of Eden. You can pull in without charge and take pictures of the trees that line the driveway. I like to pay the admission charge and enter the garden. You drive through and stop here and there to walk around and see the plants and lovely views of waterfall, rainforest, and distant ocean.

California
Level Contributor
59,707 posts
18 reviews
27 helpful votes
7. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_deglupta

Just for fun ... a little something about rainbow eucalyptus. Of all the pictures I have sent back home from Hawaii -- the rainbow eucalyptus get the most comments.

Alaska
Level Contributor
12,657 posts
8. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

Skymom....I agree with Barbara that turning in and paying the admission to go through their cool two mile long garden was such an unexpected treat. So many wonderful photo opportunities and fun to meander along taking photos here and there in a relaxed setting. We did not realize what fun this turn-off was on our trips down the RTH and I put up a post just like yours....Barbara answered and we were happy we followed her advice cause finding those trees was a top three last trip!

I loved the art gallery and my guy loved the restrooms by the art gallery. LOL.....once he saw those he didn't 't care that I went into another art gallery. I'm no big spender but I enjoy buying reminders of our trips from local artists. Plenty of different price points....and the gal working the shop was from Alaska! So nice!

And once you see the trees up close.....it will be easier to spot them along the drive back at mm 6 and mm 4! I didn't take enough photos last trip so we will have fun finding my favorite trees this fall and the bamboo trees are cool too! Enjoy your trip. Deb

Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
41 helpful votes
9. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

We didn't want to drive all the way to Hana which we've done once (once was enough to go on the road) just to see the trees. We left Maui without seeing the trees on the way to Hana. But we did drive by some eucalyp. trees on the way to Haleakala on the right side before the ranch with cows on the left on the beginning drive up there. We couldn't stop so we kept on going. After we left Maui, we went to Dole plantation in Oahu. Here they were!! right in the front of their entrance!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
41 helpful votes
10. Re: Where is the exact location of Rainbow trees?
Save

Thanks, everyone. We accidentally found the rainbow trees in Oahu after we left Maui in front of Dole plantation! So happy!

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.