We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor Tour question

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
29 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor Tour question

I will be with my eife in Oahu and planning to visit Pearl Harbor on the 8th of June. We definately want to visit USS Arizona memorial, although we know that visitors tenporarily cannot disembark on it. Furthermore we are eager visiting the USS Misouri and Bowfin and perhaps some of the museums. My question is how far USS Arizona/Misouri/Bowfin are between each other (walking distance). Do you think it makes sense to guide within the pearl harbour by ourselves? I did check thevmaps and it seems that they are far away. Do you think it would worth to book a tour which would arrange our waikiki hotel pickup as well?

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
165 Reviews
Oahu, HI
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
23,491 Reviews
Oahu, HI
15 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

You don't need and there aren't any commercial guides inside the Pearl Harbor system. You go to the visitors center. You will be shuttled out to the Misssouri and you can visit the Bowfin by yourself. You can purchase tickets for those upon arrival. Everything is very close.

You should think about getting your free tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial by using the 24hr in advance method, on line. If you don't there are 1300 walk up tickets available daily but you need to get to the visitors center early and stand in line.

www.recreation.gov

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
165 Reviews
Oahu, HI
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
23,491 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,543 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

All four Pearl Harbor museums are at or start at the Visitors Center:

https:/…Pearl.Harbor.Museums.html

Map of the park:

https:/…Pearl-Harbor-Visitor-Center-2.jpg

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
165 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

While the four Pearl Harbor museums share the visitor's center, the Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum are on Ford Island and are reached by a shuttle bus.

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
165 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,543 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

Commercial tours are expensive and all they do is drop you off at the Visitors Center and wait until the official NPS/USN USS Arizona Memorial is over and then collect their customers and continue on with the city tour or a circle island tour. They do have actual tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial tour.

June is in a peak # of visitors season. So you need to get to the Visitors Center by about 7am to get walk-up tickets for USS Arizona Memorial.

You can get there around 7am using The Bus. Sit as close to the front of the bus as you can (or close the the middle exit), so when it stops at the Visitors Center, you can get out and get in line before others.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222…

or

If you don't want to take The Bus that early, try Hawaii23. It will be about $30 one way. Take The Bus back to Waikiki as you won't have to worry about time.

Contact them for a quote:

https://www.hawaii23.com/

Mentioned in this post
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
23,491 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
29 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

Thank you for the replies. Do I have to have a Pearl Harbour pass to get into the shuttle bus within pearl harbour (to go to USS Missouri)?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,543 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

Not sure what you mean by a Pearl Harbor Pass.

The Pearl Harbor Visitors Center is located in an area that is open to the public. No pass needed!

You just purchase a ticket for USS Missouri, USS Bowfin or Pacific Aviation Muesum or even get the free USS Arizona Memorial tickets in the middle of this map:

https:/…Pearl-Harbor-Visitor-Center-2.jpg

USS Arizona Memorial tour starts at the Theater on the left side of the map.

USS Bowfin tour starts on the right side of the map.

Shuttles for either or both USS Missouri and Pacific Aviation Museum (both on Ford Island) require their shuttle which is at the shuttle stop on the right side of this map (right below USS Bowfin Museum on the map.

You can add USS Oklahoma Memorial for $5 each. It is located on Ford Island near USS Missouri.

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
165 Reviews
Oahu, HI
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
23,491 Reviews
Oahu, HI
USS Oklahoma Memorial
USS Oklahoma Memorial
313 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
29 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

I managed to get tickets online for the USS Arizona from recreation.gov. The visit will be tomorrow. Any idea if i need to print and present anything to Pearl Harbour Visitor center, or can I show them my confirmation on the mobile phone instead?

Dallas
Level Contributor
25,833 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

You won't need to print anything. They may ask you for DL or something but basically you just give them your name and that's all.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,543 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

You don't need to print anything!

Just tell them the name the reservation is under and the time of the tour.

As you want to go to a couple of the other museums, they are not timed. So you can go to those either before and/or after the USS Arizona Memorial tour.

Note: There is a separate line for those with advanced reservations for USS Arizona Memorial.

You might also consider getting the Passport which includes USS Bowfin, USS Missouri and Pacific Aviation Museum.

Mentioned in this post
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
23,491 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
29 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pearl Harbor Tour question

Great thank you, how much time in advance should I be at the Pearl Harbor visitor center to collect my tickets? My tour is at 11:00.

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
165 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Reply to: Pearl Harbor Tour question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted