We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hikes on Oahu?

Orlando
Level Contributor
5 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Best hikes on Oahu?

This will be our 2nd trip to Oahu and we’re looking for suggestions on hikes that anyone has done. We’re also hoping to see any waterfalls that are worth checking out.

My husband and I visited Oahu 3 years ago and did Diamond Head. We’ll be visiting at the end of July next month for just 5 days and we’re hoping to check out other hikes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.

5 replies to this topic
Seattle
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hikes on Oahu?

The Manoa Falls trail is extremely popular. But there are a lot more options offering a wide range of difficulty.

I recommend you do a google search on Oahu hiking trails. Very good info available.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hikes on Oahu?

Check out Koko Head.

Koko Crater Trail, AKA Koko Head Stairs, is great if you are in shape. KCT has become a regular tradition for our family when we are on Oahu. The views are awesome! It is also fun watching some of the locals and I Shape military people doing the hike. Some people go up the stairs like they are running up one flight of stairs.

The Pill Box is also good

The Pill Box in Lanikai is another hike that feels like a climb in places. Many visitors and locals enjoy this hike before sunrise so they can enjoy sunrise over the Pacific. The views are spectacular and well worth the early morning hour motivation needed to make the hike. Problem with this hike is the parking or the lack therof.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 10:09
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,222 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hikes on Oahu?

Angel, scroll down this Forum (Oahu) down through a month or two. We talk about hikes fairly often. (And a lot about restaurants, too!)

Waimea Valley comes to mind. Pull up their website.

Do you have a good travel guide or two for Oahu? Good actual maps? Both will be a big help.

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hikes on Oahu?

I like to recommend the Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail. It's one of my favorites. :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,225 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hikes on Oahu?

Do be aware that in July the waterfalls in Manoa nd Waimea Valley will probably be a trickle unless they get a good tradeshower the night before you go. Also keep an eye on the availability of the Lanikai Pillbox Hike. There are plans to shut it down for renovations. It has been delayed so far but we have no idea when it might happen.

Reply to: Best hikes on Oahu?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted