We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking options

Belmar, New Jersey
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Parking options

Parking our rental car will cost $40/day at the Hyatt Regency where we're staying, but we feel it's necessary to have the car to have the freedom to explore. Are there more reasonable options close by?

5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking options

How close?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking options

How close?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,718 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking options

Look under Top Questions off to the right-hand side of the screen.

(You might want to rent for only part of the time ... and group together those activities that require a car. It's not the perfect approach - but it helps. That's what I'm going to do when I stay at the Hyatt in early November.)

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,331 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking options

Waikiki Banyan is about a 5 minute walk. You can park there for $20/day. You don't need to stay in that hotel to get that rate.

Hyatt Regency #64 (in blue), Waikiki Banyan #70 (in yellow) on this map.

discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

I agree with renting a car for the entire time. You have a chance to get out and explore the island at a nice leisurely pace.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,718 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking options

<<I agree with renting a car for the entire time. You have a chance to get out and explore the island at a nice leisurely pace.>> And I agree with Dusty. My alternative is just ... an alternative. I have stayed on Waikiki many, many times ... so I can manipulate my plans.

Reply to: Parking options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted