We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbour Question

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Pearl Harbour Question

I'm sure there has already been plenty of questions so sorry for another!... I have tried to read a few but still alittle confused.

Whats the difference between a paid pearl harbour ticket and the free memorial tickets? How long approximately would a couple usually spend at pearl harbour? Partner is very interested in history etc

We are heading late November so I will aim to try and get them 2 months early, or alternatively 24hrs early or last case rock up early in the morning.

We are planning on hiring a car for a few days, so would it be better to do this on one of our car days or catch a public bus or pay for a tour bus etc?

Thankyou!

3 replies to this topic
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbour Question

The tickets to the Arizona Memorial are free - if you line up the day if they cost nothing; if you book online ether 60 days out or the day before (they do release another lot 24hrs before) you will pay a booking fee of a couple of dollars per ticket.

To view the rest of the sites (Bowfin sub, Mighty Mo and Pacific Aviation) you have to buy tickets. Either you can choose a single or combo pass.

When we went in April we lined up in the morning at 7.04am and got tickets to the 7.45am viewing of the Arizona. We then went and bought the Passport which gave us access to the other sites - for my son (then 10yo) and myself I think it was around $105USD. This includes the shuttle to and from Ford Island where the Mo and Aviation museum are located.

All up we were there for 8hrs and still hadn’t seen everything but had had time to spend at each site reading and absorbing as much as we could.

For us, it was easier to drive. My husband dropped us off and picked us up so we didn’t have to worry about negotiating the parking lot. You can take The Bus but it will take a fair while to get to the historic site. From memory we were looking at around 1hr traveling each way.

Booking through a third party will cost you more and really not gain anything other then transport. They aren’t allowed to guide you around the sites - they pretty much pick you up, arrange your tickets and deliver you to the Arizona Memorial then pick you back up at a predetermined time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbour Question

Great! Thanks so much for the concise answer. Much clearer to me now.

I shall aim to get the memorial tickets in advance and then when we go on the day he can decide which additional sites he would like to see and we can buy them then.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbour Question

Glad I could help.

Just be aware of the repairs currently being done on the Arizona Memorial. I don’t know whether they have an expected date of repairs as of yet but in the meantime you have a narrated boat trip out and around the site without actually stopping on it.

Reply to: Pearl Harbour Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted