We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Villas at Ko Olina

Tulare, California
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Topic
Beach Villas at Ko Olina

We are looking to return to Oahu after 32 years January 2019. So I am sure the island has changed since we were last there. We would love to snorkel but I am not sure if where this condo is what the ocean conditions are like in the area at that time of year. Are any of the 4 lagoons better than others? Thanks. https://www.vrbo.com/357347

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
2 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Villas at Ko Olina

You will be able to snorkel the lagoons. Fair snorkeling in them but nothing will wow you. I found lagoon 4 to have the most fish. The west side beaches which will be the closest to Ko Olina more than likely will have huge surf. The possibly of snorkeling there is very slim.

Other than that it would be south facing beaches like Waikiki or Hanauma Bay. Unfortunately the best snorkeling on Oahu is only available in the summer and very early fall.

Mentioned in this post
Ko Olina
Ko Olina
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Hanauma Bay Tours
Hanauma Bay Tours
1,248 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Villas at Ko Olina

I didn't see much in the Aulani lagoon, although a sea lion (I think) popped up once.

Mentioned in this post
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Aulani, a Disney Resort...
5,867 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Reply to: Beach Villas at Ko Olina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted