We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Sunny Cali
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Looking at the schedule and trying to figure out if we could see ALL The shows... 6 villages, canoe pageant, movie... I know Samoa is good...which other shows should we make sure we see? Should we try to see them all? We are also staying for dinner and Ha. Long day for kids!

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
934 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Hi again Chele... yes, it is a long day for the kids. I'm not familiar with the movie you mention but I would see all of the villages and the canoe pageant. We enjoyed all of the villages. I think the kids would love all of that too because they aren't confined into a small place. You could get up and walk with them if they do become bored in one village or another. We found the Ali'i Dinner Buffet to be the very best luau food we've had. My only concern for the kids being bored would be the Ha show. It's not your typical luau entertainment with fire dancers, etc. To us, it felt more like a Broadway production.

arkansas
Level Contributor
495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

I agree that Ha may not be appreciated by younger children (to be honest, it wasn't appreciated by my wife and myself as much as we expected, either).

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,817 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

The one thing about the movie is that it should get you indoors and into the A/C for a while.

I don't know that the kids will be bored by Ha ... but they will be tired. Personally - I choose between Ha and the luau ... as the luau has entertainment as well.

I don't recall the ages of your kids ... but I have seen kids melt-down during Ha. Too much ...

Sunny Cali
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Thank you for all the suggestions! Sounds like all the villages are worth trying to see. Getting a late start but we’ll try

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Personally the Canoe pageant bores me to tears. I skip it. The movie is pretty cool and the kids should like that. How old are the kids? There are fire dancers in the HA show. It's a good story but you might find them getting board. I would play that by ear. I've seen Ha 4 or 5 times and I love it :).

California
Level Contributor
934 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

I mispoke about the fire dancers. I apologize. What I was referring to is it wasn't a traditional touristy hula show (which I enjoy lol)

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,703 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Re: the IMAX movie, sit in the center high-backed seats....they have motion effects with the movie.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,807 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

The kids will love Ha! If they do fall asleep during Ha, wake them up when the fire shows start. One is really funny!

I liked the canoe pageant, Samoa and Tonga villages the best. Try to see as many of the others as you can.

I also liked the canoe rides.

We usually started at the villages nearest the entrance and worked our way to the villages farthest away and took the canoe ride back to the area where the restaurants are.

If you have time see the IMAX film, especially if it is hot. IMAX theater has A/C.

Have you already decided on the Ali'i Luau package?

We always booked either the Ali'i Luau package or the Admission/Evening Show (AES) package with the free buffet., depending on the budget of those visiting us when we lived on Oahu.

Seats for Ha! are better with the Ali'i Luau than the AES package. There is entertainment during the Ali'i Luau and not the AES package buffet.

Food is better at the AES buffet than at the Ali'i Luau.

About a year ago, the Ali'i Luau changed it's time to 4pm. If you get the AES package, you can stay in the villages until around 6pm. That gives you two more hours to spend in the villages.

With Polynesian entertainment throughout the day, we didn't care if we missed the entertainment at the Ali'i Luau.

You can try to get upgraded seats for Ha! for about $15. Sometimes there are seats available, sometimes not.

Sunny Cali
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Thank you all for your recommendations. Saw the canoe pageant. We went to Samoa, Fiji shows- the timing worked out that way. My daughter wanted to skip shows to weave a fish and do the Maori balls. My 9 year old loved the Ha show. My 6 year old was a little antsy until I explained the story to her then she wanted to watch to see what happens.. we'll have to go back to see all the recommendations on here!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,535 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?

Thanks for letting us know how it went. Glad you enjoyed yourself, the kids too!!

Reply to: Polynesian cultural center PCC... which shows are best?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted