We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel early departure

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel early departure

I have a booking at Turtle Bay and the rate was stay 4 nights get a 5th night free inc breakfast for two each day.

If I was to check out a day early, what are the chances the hotel would cancel the current rate and charge a different (perhaps rack) rate.

I have looked at making a new booking but it would work out more expensive if you add in the breakfast (assuming we wanted to eat at the TB buffet each morning v all the other options 5-10 mins away)

Also the included breakfast is for two - does anyone know what the buffet costs for kids....kinda hoping that they may not charge but then everything I have read about the new owners gouging every penny makes me think not!!

Thanks everyone.

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
4,708 Reviews
Oahu, HI
4 replies to this topic
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel early departure

I never check out of hotels. I just leave....! They have my card. I get the bill the night before, check it’s all good then just leave. I don’t have time to queue up at the end of my stay

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
779 posts
662 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel early departure

I agree they won't know when you actually leave, but that HOTEL is awesome. Perfect place, awesome pools, amazing beach side restaurant/bar. Awesome cove and bay. I have no complaints about Turtle bay can't wait to get back

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
4,708 Reviews
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,718 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel early departure

Sky ... she won't get the bill the night before ... if they don't know she is leaving early.

You can email them and ask ...

But find out now - so you don't worry.

I agree with Riva above. Can you share why you might want to leave early? Changing flights?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel early departure

Just ask for a statement of account at the front desk :) I’ve never had an issue.

Reply to: Hotel early departure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted