We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel delemma

barnsley
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel delemma

hi,

never been to Agadir before ,just returned from hurghada, we normally travel end of april or 1st 2 weeks in may and thinking of a change travelling to Agadir.

can anyone put us right we love the sunshine so this is a must are we going to get similar weather like we have in hurghada. hot,hot hot

now for the second question, hotel recommendation please?? looking at Riu Palace Tikida Agadir or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas which one??

which is the better hotel and is it worth extra the money comparing with the other.

are the rooms similar ? which has the better food?

we like plenty of room to sunbathe and don't like being like sardines, is the beach close to both hotels and have free sunbeds on the beach.

do both hotels have a trousers required for evening dinner for men.

thanks

les

5 replies to this topic
York
Level Contributor
701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel delemma

Hi les

A lot of questions - I'll answer what I can and hopefully others will add to my reply.

Weather is a much discussed subject so it may be worth doing a bit more research on this forum. What I can say with some certainty is that sunshine is NOT guaranteed in Agadir at any time of year. You could get lucky and have two weeks of blue sky but morning sea mist can be a problem when the weather warms up.

The Dunas and the Palace are very different hotels - it depends what you want. The Palace is, in my opinion, a bit more "upmarket" but you really need to read reviews for both and make up your own mind. It's worth having a look at the RIU website where you can compare the facilities offered by both.

riu.com/en/…index.jsp

riu.com/en/…index.jsp

If you click the small PDF tab on the RH side of each page you'll find a precise list of what's on offer.

Both hotels are "on the beach" (separated from it by the pedestrian promenade) and have private sunbathing areas with free sunbeds etc. and both have a similar dress code which includes long trousers for gents at dinner.

Hope this helps a little.

SueO

Musselburgh, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel delemma

In terms of weather, what seems to be the widely reported norm, and from what I've experienced this week is that the morning period is very cloudy with the sun making an appearance after midday. Disappointing for me as I also like hot hot hot. I like to see the sun when I pull the curtains open in the morning. Haven't seen that here.

st helens
Level Contributor
724 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel delemma

the weather has been very.hot last couple of weeks..sometime a mist inamorning,but thats usually in summer..tikida palace more upmarket..tikida dunas more family orientated.both nice

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel delemma

Kenzi Europa hotel is a better choice all inclusive near the beach and central location

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel delemma

Hi..Many thanks.. Did hotel have a heated pool or was water ok for swimming. Planning to travel Jan 18. Stay B&B as like to eat out a night after a pint or two.

Reply to: which hotel delemma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agadir