We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tikida dunas.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tikida dunas.

Hi everyone .I have booked tikida dunas hotel for a week in June. This will be my first time in agadir. I realise that I've booked in ramadan. will this in anyway effect my experience. I have travelled many times to Turkey and Egypt . Many thanks in advance .

8 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tikida dunas.

There are numerous posts on the subject of Ramadan, some quite recent. Here's a link that will lead you to all the posts in date order:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums…

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tikida dunas.

Thank you for replying. It was mainly about Agadir I wanted information on. most of the information is for other resorts in Morocco.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tikida dunas.

Ramadan is the same throughout Morocco and is practiced in exactly the same way wherever you would be.

The main things to affect you will be that of eating which is not recommended in full view of Moroccan people so eat indoors when at a restaurant/cafe etc. Many shops will close at sunset so owners/staff can go home to break the fast with their family. Overall you may not notice any changes to your routine.

Edited: 21 April 2017, 18:52
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tikida dunas.

In Agadir, the vast majority of bars/restaurants will operate as normal, albeit a little quieter that usual. Some establishments take this time to tidy and renovate their premises as it is generally seen as an opportune time to do it. Agadir will be become somewhat like a ghost town as the sun goes down for about an hour, as the local people prepare for their first meal of the day. Once this is done, it can become quite populated with a lot of people/families out walking the promenade for the evening and this provides for a really nice atmosphere. As your hotel is situated on the promenade, you will witness this first hand. :)

Level Contributor
977 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tikida dunas.

For me Agadir during Ramadan is much quieter and some bars completely close for the 30 days or thereabouts. My favourite bar Fouqet at 20 aout boulevard shuts down for the entire period. I love to joke jest n interact with people despite being a little socially phobic and Ramadan time is a peaceful religious time. We must respect this special celebration.

Level Contributor
977 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tikida dunas.

The Scampi restaurant at Hassan 11 deux and near Hotel Kamal opens during Ramadan. This restaurant in my opinion is excellent.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tikida dunas.

Thank you all for replying. I'm sure we will have a fantastic time.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tikida dunas.

Agadir relies heavily on tourism and although a few restaurants may close for the duration, there will be no shortage of others to try.

Reply to: Tikida dunas.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agadir