We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel Rides

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Camel Rides

Myself and two friends are headed to Marrakech in May for a quick four day stop over. We are looking to go on a camel ride/trek, however due to the short timings can only afford afew hours or half day.

Can anyone recommend a oompany or site that does short camel rides??

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel Rides

Due to the time factor I would suggest you go to the Palmeraie,20 minutes drive on the outskirts of Marrakesh,where you can ride camels from 10 minutes to several hours,your choice.All you need to do is make your way to the Palmeraie and choose the camel emcampment that takes your fancy.The 1st one has bad tempered moaning grumpy camels but further on are some more sweet tempered beasts and the camels are nice too!

Mentioned in this post
Palmeraie Palace
Palmeraie Palace
1,410 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
636 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel Rides

We also had just a short time in Marrakech snd my friend was determined to go for a camel ride so we took a caleche from the main square to the palmeraie. It's a nice trip to the palmeraie and you get to see the more rural side of Marrakech. I think we had the better-tempered camels - apparently our camels were father and son and father took quite a shine to my friend! We just had a half hour trip around the outskirts of the palmeraie but I think there were also hour long trips.

Have a good time

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel Rides

Hi

have a look at les nomades website or assou . both of them offer short trips .

4. Re: Camel Rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2008, 08:01
5. Re: Camel Rides

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2008, 08:01
6. Re: Camel Rides

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech