We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a soft sided bag with wheels ok on the smaller flights

Paso Robles...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Is a soft sided bag with wheels ok on the smaller flights

Hello and thank you in advance to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge on TA.

I have tried to contact the 3 airlines below but haven't heard back from them yet.

I have 3 reservations on the following airlines and am trying to get some clarification on my baggage. I am ok on the weight restriction but my luggage, although it's soft sided, does have wheels. Does anyone know if that will be acceptable?

SA Airlink: Cape Town to Nelspruit Kruger

General Airways: Nelspruit to Ulusaba airstrip

Bateleur Airways: Ulusaba to JNB

The company that booked my trip said wheels were ok on all 3 flights. I have read stories of people having to buy duffle bags at the last minute so I thought double checking would be a good idea.

On a side note I have a 5 hour layover at the JNB airport. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to spend that time or how to gain access to one of the lounges. We will have our luggage but I'm assuming we can either store them or check them in early.

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a soft sided bag with wheels ok on the smaller flights

SA Airlink - no problem. Can't answer about the other two sorry.

For 5 hour layover we keep our luggage with us. A hassle but I don't like to leave it 'out the back' for 5 hours tempting anyone to see what's in it. Haven't tried the storage option. Usually we eat, drink coffee, check out shops, eat, drink coffee, check out shops, read a book, read a book......you get the drift. :)

2. Re: Is a soft sided bag with wheels ok on the smaller flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:16