We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Topic
eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

hi all

Just wanted to know if anyone has travelled with Eastco ?

Or has anyone heard if they are a good and reliable company?

We are wanting to travel on a private tour for 2 ppl through the Serengeti, N/crator etc then up to Uganda to see the gorillas and chimps.

Any thoughts on this company????

kat

10 replies to this topic
Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

Hello Kat

I have done 2 safaris with Eastco, both were excellent.

Both safaris were designed to suit us and were exactly what we wanted, Boundary Hill especially was a highlight, the views and food excellent. The tented camp in the Serengeti was perfect, again exactly what we wanted, under canvass with the sound of lions nearby. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Eastco especially for a Uganda Tanzania safari.

I have seen reviews of people who did the same trip you are thinking of, Eastco does these longer Uganda Tanzania safaris well.

2. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2018, 21:39

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

thanks for the information it is a great help. I have emailed them to see what they can offer me

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

thanks for the information ill email them

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

It has been a while since there was any chatter about EASTCO. I actually thought maybe they went under as I have not seen them in the bush for ages. They also used to have quite a presence here on TA. Here is a whole bunch of reviews about them. As you can see it is really mixed. Alot of rave reviews and a fair number of really bad experiences.

https://www.safaribookings.com/reviews/p26…

Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

ETrip

I traveled with Eastco in February/ March this year, (2019), it was my second trip and it was excellent. The first was in 2014. I met the new GM, David who is also one of the owners, maybe when I was in the bush you were in Newark.

Actually I did see hundreds on people on safari, many different companies, and a lot of safari vehicles, by the way I didn't see a E trip vehicle, but the Serengeti is so vast and we liked being on our own so that might explain it.

We stayed at Boundary Hill Lodge once again it was an excellent stay. The Wildlife lodge at Ngorongoro, ( nice view)Lake Masek Tented Camp, ( a fantastic place) and Tingitania in the Serengeti. ( all you would want in a tented camp under Acacia trees.

Jeff

Bristol
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

I also thought they had maybe gone out of business as they have not been mentioned on this forum for ages and prior to that they seemed to be having quite a few financial problems and there were some negative reviews. I actually know someone who travelled with them a couple of years ago and didn’t have a good time, they didn’t deliver on the itinerary and arrangements promised. Since then I haven’t heard much, maybe they have solved their financial problems now....I would definitely check this out before booking.

Also contact other local companies to get a comparison of itineraries and prices.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

Hi Kat,

I travelled with EastCo in December/January with a group of friends and my sister. We had a magnificent time getting around Uganda and Tanzania - feel free to have a flick through the photos on my profile to whet your appetite.

It was the first time for many of us travelling to Africa, so comfort was paramount. The crew, assembled by EastCo, were professional and affable. I can’t speak for the reviews left for safaris prior to our trip, but in talking to the crew we were told that the company is under new management.

The best course of action would be to contact them yourself and find out what they can offer you.

Regards,

Isaac

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

Simon King the previous owner/operator/manager has been seriously ill and has handed on to his brother David. There is no doubt that there have been problems in the past but matters seem to be more on an even keel now.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
52 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda

I traveled with EASTCO a few years ago and had a great experience. Since I went there have been some very very negative reviews that would make me nervous. Hopefully they have solved all the issues (it seem that $ was a big one)...if they have and you use EASTCO ask for James as your guide. James was fantastic.

Reply to: eastCo thru tanzania and uganda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted