We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tanzania

We are backpacking around the world, and will be going to Tanzania this fall. We'll have a few months there and we will probably travel to some neighboring countries as well.

We're on a 12-month trip in total, so we are on a pretty tight budget. From previous travels around South-East Asia I've discovered that it's sometimes best to not book any accommodation online, as the prices are usually higher.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's the same for Tanzania, (and perhaps Zambia/Mozambique/Malawi). I imagine it's very different depending on the regions we would go to, and that all those countries differ greatly from each other as well considering that some destinations will be more touristy than others.

I hope you can give me some advice! Thanks:)

2 replies to this topic
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanzania

If you want to visit national park not way you need to book accommodation online or via tour operator but hotels in town you can just pop in and check if there is rooms or some nice guest house in big to small towns

Safari maybe self drive you can hire a safari car the pay all parks visa by your visa car or master card but special campsite you need to book in advance otherwise go public campsite

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
413 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanzania

If you are in tight budget do not pre book online come while in Tanzania use booking.com they have an app as well. so you type city where you want and get couple of cheaper options as well. Enjoy the adventure, for safari please use TOs and mostly local Tanzanian companies are affordable and good.

Reply to: Tanzania
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted