We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

1 post
Save Topic
Car rental

I will be visiting Zimbabwe between the months of December 2018 and January 2019. I am looking for the most reliable and affordable car rentals. Or trustworthy private car rentals. Anyone with ideas?

Mentioned in this post
Chobe Day Trip From Victoria Falls
26 Reviews
from US$170.00*
Free Cancellation
Helicopter Flight Over Victoria Falls
14 Reviews
from US$150.00*
Free Cancellation
Chobe Extended Day Trip from Victoria...
13 Reviews
from US$245.00*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

You can try Avis, Europer car hire or Hetz & Budget car hire as well. These are reliable car hire companies.

It also depends on the type of roads that you need the car for. If you need private car hire, that can be arranged.

You are welcome.

My Way Taxis Victoria Falls Zimbabwe

Edited: 11 June 2018, 04:04
Mentioned in this post
Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls
Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe
Cape Town Central...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

Hie

For car rental company try the ones mentioned by mywaytaxis. If you want private car hire you can try small local tour operators they normally advertise private car rental.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

We used Europcar and were very impressed with the service. Be aware that car hire in Zimbabwe is very expensive, probably the most expensive in the world - two weeks car hire cost more than our flights from UK!

Mentioned in this post
Streetman, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

It looks like I can rent a car in Joburg a lot less and drive to Zimbabwe with the unlimited miles deal they offer.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

We used Zimba car hire to hire from Harare airport last year and they were efficient and the car was fine. If you have got plenty of spare time you can hire a car from Joburg but it is a long old drive up and the Beitbridge border can be particularly lengthy around weekends/pay days. It can take anything from 30 mins to 6 hours to get through there. Depending on where you are going in Zim you can go through Botswana to the Plumtree border which is apparently less hectic ( though I have never done it)

Mentioned in this post
Harare
Harare
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental

We did a road trip last month and were very happy with the car (Nissan X-trail) and service given by Denis Paul who operates car hire & tours out of Bulawayo, our point of entry, but he will also deliver to Harare. I also looked at Keddy - they had some good unlimited mileage deals but not a car that really suited our needs. In regards to hiring in Johannesburg and driving to Zimbabwe, just be mindful that some of the car hire firms won't allow their cars to be taken over the border into Zimbabwe.

Mentioned in this post
Bulawayo
Bulawayo
Bulawayo Province, Zimbabwe
Harare
Harare
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
Johannesburg
Johannesburg
Greater Johannesburg, South Africa
Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted