We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

Hi all,

Contemplating a trip to see Hwange as part of a trip that will encompass Victoria Falls and Chobe too. Flying in and out of Lusaka. Thinking of spending 2-3 nights at Hwange. Does anyone have suggestions for low to mid range lodges? I liked the Hide for being mid range but was wondering if there are others around the same price or lower.

Thank you in advance.

African Wanderer Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours
ThisAndThat Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ride Zimbabwe
Nature & Wildlife Tours
6 replies to this topic
london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
1. Re: Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

I think Camp Hwange and Somalisa Expeditions and Davison's are around the same as the Hide. For less there's Hwange Bush Camp, Bomani or Camelthorn (last 2 are outside the park I think, but only just). I think there's a bunch of even cheaper ones outside the main gate.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,469 posts
1 review
2. Re: Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

Liked Ganda Lodge a lot, inexpensive with great water hole. Outside the park

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
936 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

The Hide would generally be considered top end safari lodge prices, so if you are comfortable with their prices then yes all the lodges inside the park that have been mentioned are possible. The Hide does have good low season and SADC rates, maybe those were what you were looking at.

Bomani is best for cheaper rates without comprising on game viewing experience. Ivory Lodge, Sable Sands, Miombo, Hwange safari lodge, Gwango, Elephants eye are all just outside the park on their own concessions and these would generally be cheaper than the lodges like the Hide inside the park.

Ganda, I heard today sadly has been given to the Chinese for development, so don't know what it's future is.

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

Thank you everyone.

Yes I was looking at off peak rates as traveling in end of May would be likely for us in 2019.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

we stayed at Bomani and it was excellent. everything about it, the food, service, staff. highly rec.

Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange

We stayed at Sable Sands last year and really enjoyed it. Its just outside the park gates but Hwange is not fenced or anything so all the same animals are around the lodge. We did a couple of trips a day into the park. The food and accommodation was great too

Reply to: Low to mid range safari lodges in Hwange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted