We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

Which Luanda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg...
1 post
Save Topic
Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

I'm updating a business travel piece on Angola and am looking for travellers who either live in Angola or who are familiar with the destination who would be willing to share some of their experience. If you meet this criteria, please respond to this forum post! Obrigado Natalia

PBB
Madrid
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

Have u checked the first ever business guide on angola second edition 2012 www.ebizguides.com or follow on twitter @ebizguides

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

ABout

Mumbai (Bombay...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

Visit Datum Recruitment Services link to see information abt Angola.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

Natalia,

I lived in Luanda for just over 3 years until fairly recently and I still maintain an office there, what did you want to know exactly?

Derek

Johannesburg
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

I have visited Luanda on business a couple of times the most recently 4 weeks ago.When first going there I read the stories about how expensive it is etc.Yes it can be very expensive, however it does not have to be.

Accomodation. Staying in the Epic Sana will set you back easly $400+ per night per person.Rather look at the Hotel Continental their rates are much less.

If you are looking for a comfortable palce to sleep have a shower and an ok breakfast look at Soleme Guesthouse very close to the SA embassy.They charge $160 pe night.

Food. Again Hotels are very expensive. Soleme charges $35 for dinner. It is wholesome Portugese cuisine. There are cheaper places.Coisas Doces www.coisasdoces.com in Mirimar have a fantastic menu at the outdoor terrace. Pizzas at $18 and other dishes at $20-$25.

Panela de Barro have really great food for breakfast and lunch.The food gets weighed and you pay a set price per 100grams doesn't matter what is on your plate.Average is about$15.I normally go to local supermarkets(Maxi is close to Soleme)There you get 1.5l bottled Water for 75c tin of coke for 60c.

My advice is take a walk during the day and have a look at places close to where you are staying. You will be surprised at what you will find, little restaurants etc.There is one very close to Soleme.

6. Re: Angola: Travel advice and business etiquette for article

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Luanda